Dial-up Access (Is Waterbury a local call?)

My ISP has a dial-up access number in Waterbury and one in Montpelier. Are these calls local from Warren/Sugarbush?

Re: Dial-up Access (Is Waterbury a local call?)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    My ISP has a dial-up access number in Waterbury and one in Montpelier. Are these calls local from Warren/Sugarbush?
    Waterbury, yes. Montpelier, no.

Actually, both are "local". Sorry bmm. Greg, don't you have a wireless card for your laptop?
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Actually, both are "local". Sorry bmm. Greg, don't you have a wireless card for your laptop?
    Yeah. I'll be in Snowcreek. Wasn't sure if there's wi-fi right in the unit...

Not that I'd ever ever ever suggest this ( )... but Greg, there certainly must be some insecure wireless networks in that building or close by that you can "tap" into. Now, of course, you most definitely shouldn't do this ( again), but it must be possible there

I've seen several insecure wireless connections at Fiddlehead that I could get onto at any given time. But, I have my own GMA DSL (on a wired network), so no need to tap anyone else's networks. Of course, I'd never do it anyway (seriously, I wouldn't). But you're in a different set of circumstances: I live here, you don't.

A guest who rented a Snowcreek unit last week told me he found several wi-fi routers, but none were unsecured.

There is open wi-fi in the Gate House Lodge.

Mad river has free wifi in the basebox.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrainor
    Mad Rivers getting high tech all of a sudden. First they get wifi, next thing you know, 6 pack chairs, half pipes, and Sugarboarder
    March Showers - April Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_451
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrainor
    Mad Rivers getting high tech all of a sudden. First they get wifi, next thing you know, 6 pack chairs, half pipes, and Sugarboarder

Doubt it!
    Altitude is Everything