Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Winter Storm Warning

513 AM EST THU MAR 1 2007
    ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 PM EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR
    NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST VERMONT...
    INCLUDING THE WESTERN SLOPES OF THE GREEN MOUNTAINS...
    WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 PM EST FRIDAY.
    THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST VERMONT ...
    INCLUDING THE WESTERN SLOPES OF THE GREEN MOUNTAINS AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT...
    WITH 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOWFALL EXPECTED BY DAYBREAK ON FRIDAY.
    SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES FRIDAY MORNING. THE SNOW MAY MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO SLEET AT TIMES FRIDAY MORNING.
    THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TO SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS LATER FRIDAY NIGHT.
    A TOTAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 16 INCHES IS EXPECTED BY FRIDAY EVENING.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Note that is for the populated areas in lower elevations and doesn't include any of the upslope and mountain-induced snowfall that Josh Fox talked about for the weekend. Me likey.

So do you think the skiing will be okay on Monday?

No! It will be scary up here. Greg, I think you should cancel your trip and hide under your bed... just in case.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Note that is for the populated areas in lower elevations and doesn't include any of the upslope and mountain-induced snowfall that Josh Fox talked about for the weekend. Me likey.
    This storm is supposed to be highly affected by terrain/elevation. I would not be in the least bit surprised with 6-12 by morning and 24 by the end of the day, with another foot or so through monday. But I won't get my hopes up too far.

Greg... it's gonna be awesome. What days did you say you were skiing here?

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    Monday through Thursday. Probably at MRG one of those days. Mostly just turning 'em in the morning. I usually send my wife out in the afternoon and take over with kid duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Monday through Thursday. Probably at MRG one of those days. Mostly just turning 'em in the morning. I usually send my wife out in the afternoon and take over with kid duty.
    Will you be at ME any of those days?

See you all in the tree's Friday

It's possible, but not likely. We're staying right at LP so the only venture via the car will likely be MRG.

It's possible, but not likely. We're staying right at LP so the only venture via the car will likely be MRG.
    Oh, then you'll miss the good bumps. Oh well. Here's what you'll miss:

As a proficient bumper who has skied both LP and ME in the past week, the bumps at ME are SIGNIFICANTLY better. I really didn't have much fun in the bumps at LP the other day. They were very influenced by the influx of holiday skiers who haven't the slightest clue how to ski bumps. ME seemed to avoid most of that.

I would strongly suggest catching the MadBus over to ME one of those mornings. It's more than worth it.

Oh, then you'll miss the good bumps. Oh well. Here's what you'll miss:

As a proficient bumper who has skied both LP and ME in the past week, the bumps at ME are SIGNIFICANTLY better. I really didn't have much fun in the bumps at LP the other day. They were very influenced by the influx of holiday skiers who haven't the slightest clue how to ski bumps. ME seemed to avoid most of that.

I would strongly suggest catching the MadBus over to ME one of those mornings. It's more than worth it.
    Come on. Tell us how you really feel...

I've skied ME. I just like LP better. I've only skied Sugarbush something like 6 days ever so I certainly haven't tired of LP yet. I'll also be skiing with a few people that aren't as whacky about bumps as I am. Finally, we're in Snowcreek which as you know is about as slopeside as it gets outside of Claybrook. Always tough to jump in the car or wait for the MadBus when you wake up and stare at the LP terrain. Finally, again, on family trips like this I usually ski in the am and head in to let my wife ski the PM. Even if the time it takes to get to ME only costs me a run or two, it's still, well.......a run or two...

Who knows. The others may want to try ME which I'm certailny not opposed to. If we're having fun at LP, we might not even get over to MRG. Day by day and we'll play it by ear. I'm just giddy knowing I'll be up there for an extended stay...

Well, I guess I'm the opposite. I much prefer ME. Of course, again... it's kind of opposite... I live as close to slopeside at ME as it gets.

Snowcreek looks really nice. I've driven up through there.

Anyway, enjoy your time here. Looks like there will be plenty of good snow for you!

If you happen to make it to ME, let me know. I'll show you where the good stuff is!

If you happen to make it to ME, let me know. I'll show you where the good stuff is!
    Absolutely. I hope to have some Internet connectivity up there even if it's just dial-up...

Gatehouse now has WiFi.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Gatehouse now has WiFi.
    Wifi on the lift? Cool (Yes, I know you mean the lodge.)
    -Kenny