Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I was just kidding Yardsale. No offense taken. People often take life to seriously when all they need to do is sit back and think about ripping bumps on Spillsville.

Don't get me too wrong SB. I think that global warming is a cyclical effect and may not be tied to humans as much as others would have you believe, but warming aside you can't deny how nature gets trashed and if being a bit green keeps VT beautiful and maybe at the same time preserves the enironment some then it's alright by me.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Don't get me too wrong SB. I think that global warming is a cyclical effect and may not be tied to humans as much as others would have you believe...
    Zackly...I agree with you there...that's why I mentioned the diminishing Martian Ice Caps...too many cars on that planet! Earth temp changes are proven to be cyclical of course - but yes, as you point out, treating her with more respect when possible is never a bad thing.
    Altitude is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder

Are floats concerned with the ecology of Mars allowed in the parade??
    Encouraged. As long as there are no horses.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Don't get me too wrong SB. I think that global warming is a cyclical effect and may not be tied to humans as much as others would have you believe...
    Zackly...I agree with you there...that's why I mentioned the diminishing Martian Ice Caps...too many cars on that planet! Earth temp changes are proven to be cyclical of course - but yes, as you point out, treating her with more respect when possible is never a bad thing.
    Climate change has indeed been a cyclic trend over the entire time for which there are data that can constrain global temperatures. It comes out looking much like a sine wave, with fairly minor variations in the amplitude. It's due to something called Milankovich cycles, which have to do with several factors that change fairly predictably over time, such as the tilt of Earth's axis. I won't bore the list with the details. However, analysis of the most recent upward trend in temperature indicates that the amplitude of that wave has surpassed former levels and is continuing to go up. There is correlation (though not necessarily causation) with the time frame after the Industrial Revolution brought widespread burning of fossil fuels. So it is a somewhat deceptive argument to claim that "humans don't cause global warming because the Earth naturally goes through warm cycles every so often." While the latter is true, it does _not_ preclude the former from being true as well.

July 4 Update

I have quite a bit to update, so will hit the high points and send you to www.Warren4thofJuly.com and its "Latest News" link for details.

Theme: Fueling the Future
    Entry: $1 with numbered Buddy Badge you wear and find your match in the crowd, maybe win a prize.
    Music: Jimmy Yozell after the parade on Warren Store porch. Mad Mountain Scramblers at Brooks Field (elementary school)
    Fireworks: At Sugarbush on July 4 at 9:30pm or so. Jimmy Yozell is playing an encore set from 6-9pm at Lincoln Peak.
    Supporters:If you love the 4th as much as we do, consider a donation to help offset our expenses. Steve and I are volunteers, so we are just offsetting hard costs, including $thousands for fireworks. Consider a sponsorship via PayPal from the homepage of site. Pass this bit of info to others you may know who enjoy the 4th too!

There is alot more, so check out the site's Latest News Blog often!

So I go to the blog. I'm looking at the earlier entries. I come across,
    Thursday, July 20, 2006
    More photos - Jets included
    I decide to check them out. Link is dead/ I look at the link. Jimsscenerypix...

Oops!

I'm running out of room on that system and deleted the album, not remembering that it was linked.

I just checked, and I still have those pix in a folder. If someone wants, I can reload the pix, but I think you'd still have to change your link.

Let me know.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I just checked in for the update. I guess I was so busy skiing in late Feb. and March that I didn't realize I had started a politics/no politics debate...lol...
    Al's "carbon footprint" may be larger as an individual than most of us and some reasons for that have been explained and addressed. When you speak out on an issue you become fair game for opposing views.
    I merely enjoyed a well done documentary as did a lot of viewers and the film brought the issue of global warming to the forefront in a way no other medium could. As for politics and why this issue should be more than one person recycling and going solar or using wind , etc.

"In the 2000 presidential elections Exxon Mobil spent over $7 million supporting candidates and legislation that opposed the Kyoto Protocol and supported a National Energy Strategy that has increased our reliance on oil."

Also in 2000 :
    Bush-47.87% popular vote Gore-48.38% popular vote

Just didn't want anyone to forget the figures obscured by the smokescreen. I'm no expert on the electoral college aside from knowing where a lot of the votes of said college abide , i.e. which states. Al Gore did receive a majority of the popular vote. ; }

Fireworks Fundraising

We are looking to raise $5000 for the 4th of July via our website www.Warren4thofJuly.com If you love the fireworks on the 4th, consider a contribution and email the URL to your friends! Also, click "Latest News" for frequent parade updates.

I made my donation. How about everyone else?

I don't know if you've ever worked on a mostly volunteer event, but they always need a little more help than they can get. If you can see it thru to donate a little toward what we all know is a fun time, I'm sure our non-skiing friend, as well as the others that are helping putting together the fun, would really appreciate it.

You can stop in at the chamber, send in a check or make a Paypal donation, on the site for the 4th.

Thanx for your help.

So... What'd you think?

Only got to take in the parade, myself. I thought that went in quite well.

I have lots of pix. (Now there's a shocker! ) I'll be posting some of them, when I figure out where to post them.

What did everyone else think?

I had a fun time- despite the part of the job that is not so glamorous like cleaning the street of candy wrappers and misc. garbage, restocking port-o-let tp. I thought the festivities at the field were the best in several years- lots of fun and energy- and lots of people were up there and stayed quite a while.

I hope you (lostone) found your "real buddy"!

Saw the piece on WCAX about the parade...is it always that "political", or did the media twist it to look that way?
    I went to the Bristol Outhouse Races and parade which was fun as usual...too bad the MRV & Bristol events overlap as it would be fun to pop over the gap to see something different.

I did not see the WCAX piece, but I'd say there is always quite the political contingent.

Not speaking for all, but many of us enjoy that.

When you think about it, a political bent to a celebration of our declaring independence from the greatest military power of the time? Yeah... seems right to me.

I hope you (lostone) found your "real buddy"!
    For those that don't know about this, I was innocently walking along, when I heard someone yelling "2773! 2773!"

That was the number of one of my buddy badges. I turn around, visions of great prizes in my mind... It was that damned noski!

I'm going to sue her for this! I was already spending the millions I'd made in the prize money.

Well, the pix are up. I think I got a few good ones. Here are a few:

Many more can be found here.

Suggestions for pic titles are welcome.