dinner at Timbers

We had a great dinner at Timbers last night. The chef created a six-course Valentines Special. It was delicious, well-priced, and the service was fine. What a treat to be able to walk down in the swirling snow, sit in the warm ambience, watch the storm outside and enjoy such a good meal. A real addition to the mountain.

Definately alot of advantages if you stay/own in Snowcreek. You probably miss the Spring Fling lift more than anyone tho.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Re: dinner at Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by snowcreek
    We had a great dinner at Timbers last night. The chef created a six-course Valentines Special. It was delicious, well-priced, and the service was fine. What a treat to be able to walk down in the swirling snow, sit in the warm ambience, watch the storm outside and enjoy such a good meal. A real addition to the mountain.
    Great How many people were there? Service should have been stellar
    "If I had a magic wand and I could change skiing. I would make it exactly the way it was before snowboarding came along." G.P.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Definately alot of advantages if you stay/own in Snowcreek. You probably miss the Spring Fling lift more than anyone tho.
    SRO,

What is up with the white camels in your avitar?
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier
    SRO,

Actually we are building our own halfpipe..how does it look so far? We thought about using camels as the foundation but since there were a couple of mustangs already in there, we went with those.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Re: dinner at Timbers

The outer ring was full and so was the bar. Service was good..a bit slow at the outset but once they got started it was fine. They were very liberal with the wine which was included in the meal and made any waiting quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcreek
    Great How many people were there? Service should have been stellar

SRO,

Actually we are building our own halfpipe..how does it look so far? We thought about using camels as the foundation but since there were a couple of mustangs already in there, we went with those.
    Cool I like Mustangs....Steve McQueen always road...eh I mean drove one

SRO,

Cool I like Mustangs....Steve McQueen always road...eh I mean drove one
    Bullet..is that one of the greatest car chases ever filmed or what! Shelby Mach1 Mustang vs a Road Runner?
    Sugarbusher since 1970

[/quote]Bullet..is that one of the greatest car chases ever filmed or what! Shelby Mach1 Mustang vs a Road Runner?

[quote]

This might start a new thread.....gotta go with the Shelby. Highschool girlfriend's old man had a Road Runner.....car was fricken fast! Shelby knows how to design a car

Snowcreek -- I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm forced to point out to everyone that I told ya so! Back in one of the old Timbers threads when everyone was bashing it, I said just hold off and give Win and team a chance to work it out. And now it's happening: everyone is really beginning to enjoy it, and many of the suggestions and comments have been acted on. Only Sugarbush has Win Smith and Crew!

Ahh, but BMM if we had all just backed off and not mentioned anything at all perhaps none of these changes would have taken place to make Timbers as great as it is and we would have just bottled up the anger and hatred, thinking about it day and night, letting it consume us until we finally just jerked the wheel into a guardrail and..... sorry just blacked out for a bit.

In any case Timbers has come a long way. I've been dying to try dinner there, but haven't had the opp yet. I've been very happy with the Apres and the wings are incredible. Possibly top 5. I know that's a bold statement, but I stand by it.

Since this is a Timbers dinner thread anyone have any recommendations on the menu? I'd like to know what's good.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    Ahh, but BMM if we had all just backed off and not mentioned anything at all perhaps none of these changes would have taken place to make Timbers as great as it is and we would have just bottled up the anger and hatred, thinking about it day and night, letting it consume us until we finally just jerked the wheel into a guardrail and..... sorry just blacked out for a bit.

All kidding aside, you're right. It was good that the threads were started and the points made. I only butted in when the SAME EXACT THINGS were being repeated over and over and over, and the tone was becoming disrespectful. Hey, if you've got an opinion or suggestion... sure, go for it. I just didn't see those conversations being productive after about the first 10 posts.

I just had my first meals at Timbers, dinner and lunch. There were some quibles but overall we were very pleased. good food, good service ina really sweet setting.