Win's Word Win's Word. Party Time. Excellent!!!!

Nice little addition to the web page. How often will this be updated?

http://www.sugarbush.com/aboutus/cm....nsword&pid=220

And imagine my disappointment when I clicked on the "Our Plans" link only to find the 30,000 foot 'vision" and "strategy". I was hoping for architectural renderings of the Guest Services Lodge and the rest of the base area residential component. But I have a sickness about this stuff, so don't mind me...

That's a great addition to the site. I think a lot of people will appreciate seeing that. It also gives the greater public (beyond us few obsessive folks here who hear from Win a lot) a chance to get to know Win's attitude, philosophy, and thoughts about what's going on at the Bush.

I believe someone suggested a featured titled something like that quite a long time ago, cough cough...

Quote Originally Posted by Strat on 11/19/06
    Win,
    I absolutely love these up-to-the-minute updates. Now is there anyway we can get them right onto sugarbush.com so curious folks who aren't part of this community can see them too? Maybe even a seperate "Win's Word" or "Words from Win" column with a nice little picture of you in the upper corner or something. At least in my eyes it seems like this would be a great marketing move as well, really put a tangible face on the resort to add to the already very personal resort experience that you guys have set up.

Even minus the whole personal column, it would be excellent if someone could go on to sugarbush.com and on the lift/trail report see that there is in fact snowmaking on Rim Run and Elbow and the rest. Would definitely make others as thrilled as we are that our season is quickly approaching.

Think Snow!
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

PROPS TO STRAT! (howzat?)
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    PROPS TO STRAT! (howzat?)
    WOO!
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

http://www.sugarbush.com/aboutus/cm....urplans&pid=30

No cheerleading or blowing smoke here, just the facts, and it's not what we want to hear, but what is being heard that matters.

IMHO, as a MRV area property owner, satisfied guest, and season pass holder, Win is without a doubt one of the most sincere and caring ski area presidents/owners we could ever ask for.

The experiences that some of us are enjoying at Sugarbush, and even throughout the Mad River Valley, are really getting better and better and better, in a very short period of time.
    Unforgettable experiences that will certainly will remain memorable, and I am glad to be a part of them.
    Maybe some of our photos will be displayed around the lodge in 50 years for the Centennial Anniversary! Looking forward to being there....

The formula is working, and may all ships float up with a rising tide of good fortune.

Although how the hell he ever collaborated with Mother Nature and Old Man Winter, and got those two together in the last few weeks and especially today to correct their dismissive attitude for our needs is truly amazing and really an accolade........LOL.

Right on Win!

I think it is a great idea, and that it should be linked from the front page.

Not sure what Tin was doing when he found it, but my guess is he was looking for the link that would dump the powder directly on him.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I think it is a great idea, and that it should be linked from the front page.

Not sure what Tin was doing when he found it, but my guess is he was looking for the link that would dump the powder directly on him.
    It's on the front page under "About Us".
    Altitude is Everything

That is not a front page link, but a front page menu selection.

Don't know how many site visitors go into the About Us menu, after the first time.

Just think it is an article that could use an actual front page link, unless it is to be a non-changing statement, which is not the impression it gives me.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Passion is the critical ingredient for success

Passion is the critical ingredient for success. And I'm really pleased Win makes it his business & his passion to enjoy the MRV. Not to get weepy-eyed but if Sugarbush was purchased as a glorified side venture for a self-made zillionaire we'd all be quite a bit less fortunate. One look at the beaming grins of my 9 year old and almost-7-year-old -- beaming knowing they are heading up the 'the Bush' for Pres Week (father & son there Superbowl weekend & it was awesome) -- and you can tell they are smitten by the honest-to-goodness sincerity of the place. Not to mention the skiing, and those trees. There's no BS'ing them, and no doubt they are 'Sugarbush lifers'. Just excuse them if they still call the peaks Sugarbush & Sugarbush North - their Dad's a hold-out from his early 80's experiences up there. But I also gotta say - and maybe this is the Pinot talking as the snow starts to fall here in CT - but what's with that all-black commando ski outfit in the pic, Win? Anyway you are way cooler than that particular shot has you look (twice shared an early AM chair with him last year, the day of one of the Mushroom gatherings of the SkiMRV board gang & he was pure S'bush passion - even in the freezing drizzle).
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

Re: Passion is the critical ingredient for success

Quote Originally Posted by boze
    But I also gotta say - and maybe this is the Pinot talking as the snow starts to fall here in CT - but what's with that all-black commando ski outfit in the pic, Win?
    Hey man, that's the new "Lasse Kjus" skiwear man...very cool stuff!! He's on the cutting egde!
    Altitude is Everything

Re: Passion is the critical ingredient for success

Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by boze
    But I also gotta say - and maybe this is the Pinot talking as the snow starts to fall here in CT - but what's with that all-black commando ski outfit in the pic, Win?
    Hey man, that's the new "Lasse Kjus" skiwear man...very cool stuff!! He's on the cutting egde!
    Win is high on the lasse kjus, says it's good stuff