Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I sometimes find that Canadian radar give a better picture of what is happening in our neck of the woods. Take a look at http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WMN. I looks like SB is getting a direct hit from one of the stronger bands to make its way into VT so far.

I'm sorry, but did anyone just see Castlerock's post? "Too deep to ski" It's dumping!!!!! How great is that. Thanks for the update. CR.

Re: Quick email check on Work

Quote Originally Posted by castlerock
    1:00 Dumping, there has to be 18"+ at the Castlerock Condos. Had a bomber morning, first in on Bearclaw, Low angle woods are too deep to ski. This is sick. Going out.....
    Oh My God!

[quote="random_ski_guy"]
    1:00 Dumping, there has to be 18"+ at the Castlerock Condos. Had a bomber morning, first in on Bearclaw, Low angle woods are too deep to ski. This is sick. Going out.....
    Oh My God![/quote

First on Bear Claw - nice. Upper mtn woods are officially open, finally. Hopefully they will be able to work with the USFS to clean out some of the massive amounts of deadfall in there so we can hit this threshold earlier in the year.

[quote="Tin Woodsman"]
    Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    Oh My God![/quote

First on Bear Claw - nice. Upper mtn woods are officially open, finally. Hopefully they will be able to work with the USFS to clean out some of the massive amounts of deadfall in there so we can hit this threshold earlier in the year.
    SSSSHHH. deadfall clean up is on double secret probation.

The saddle is a big mess too. It needs a little TLC. We went in last weekend. It was ugly.

How's the wind up there?

Officially reporting 18" as of 1:00. Me thinks 30" is well within range by tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Officially reporting 18" as of 1:00. Me thinks 30" is well within range by tomorrow morning.
    Ok, I now have my beacon on. My shovel and probe are under my desk. As we approach 30" I will put my helmet and goggles on as instructed. My work is slowing to a crawl only because I have to stop every few minutes to wipe the drool off my keyboard (and because the New England radar animations tend to bog down my browser.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    The saddle is a big mess too. It needs a little TLC. We went in last weekend. It was ugly.

How's the wind up there?
    Is it just me, or is there more deadfall above 2500' than usual? I can't tell you how much crap I've run into this year. You can see it from the HG lift on either side of Ripcord, and it's even worse once you get in there. A mid-January trip from Ripcord to Paradise when the upper half of each was closed was a real eye-opener. Looked like Godzilla had come through and thrown all the trees down in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter

How's the wind up there?
    Well it didn't get any TLC. It got slammed and choked with 2'-3' of snow and it is still dumping.

At the base there are small avi's off all the roofs. My back deck was clean yesterday and the snow is almost up to the railing. The skiing was as good as you could guess. There was a period around 2:00 when there was more snow in the air than I have ever seen. You didn't want to fall in the woods all day. It was hard labor to get back up. I skied liftline last run and there were no tracks. None.

As for wind the top 200-300 vert of both HG and CR were wind scoured to wind packed. From there down it was sick.

My car is invisible. This is like Alta with better beer.

Paging Castlerock to the TR forum. A Mr. Castlerock, please report immediately to the TR forum to download your full thoughts and experiences for the day.

At least 24-30" at mid mountain on Mt Ellen! I didn't measure with a measuring tape this time, but it was at least 3/4 of the way up my 42" poles (yeah... short poles... for bump skiing).

Any guess how many people made it out there today? small crowd? dead? it was $14 day to boot.

Can imagine 24-30 inches with snow still coming down. Just awesome.

There was a fair crowd at South, especially when one when into the lodge. Snow + cheap tickets = full parking lot by 9 am (except for the front row where I parked - everyone must have assumed it would already be full..)

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Most quit early

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    There was a fair crowd at South, especially when one when into the lodge. Snow + cheap tickets = full parking lot by 9 am (except for the front row where I parked - everyone must have assumed it would already be full..)

There was no one on the lifts after three....