Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

No late night drowsiness here. I was responding to the question "What mtn sale would surprise you the most?" I can't imagine that any of the mountains listed above will ever be sold in my lifetime. Cannon and the NY State ones could be leased, but I doubt would ever be sold.
    Fair enough, you took the "surprise" qualifier and ran with it....and in the process listed the five mtns that never will be sold. At least not sold without a long, very public and acrimonious process.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    MRG = they can lean on their share holders, can't they? they are debt free, right? there is no way MRG is sold under the cover of night for a litany of reasons...i imagine you put this up to rabble rouse.

Cannon = that's no surprise; the state of NH owns it. and it’s been up for long term lease like sunapee before.

NY's State Ski Areas = you really think NY ORDA is going to try to sell Gore and Whiteface after all the $$ they have poured in over the past 5 years? They would sell just like Sugarbush did, for 25% of book value because none of these mtns have a good real estate play. I know there's a delusional catskill developer up their with Belleayre, but the local environmentalist and the City of NY (watershed) have killed much of the proposed expansion, particularly the critical part which would add the best new skiing and shorten the drive time. Plus it would take an act of the state legislature to make any of these three sales happen, if it even could happen, given the state lands these mtns operate on (aka forever wild).

I'm going to chalk this one up to late night drowsiness
    No late night drowsiness here. I was responding to the question "What mtn sale would surprise you the most?" I can't imagine that any of the mountains listed above will ever be sold in my lifetime. Cannon and the NY State ones could be leased, but I doubt would ever be sold.
    Both posts are about as spot on as you can get!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

One shoe just fell off as it was just announced that Peak Resorts who own Crotched in NH and a bunch in the midwest is buying Mt Snow and Attitash.

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.