Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush
    The Bush a while ago used to break out a grill and kegs right outside the Wunderbar by the VH chair. There was even a large aireal jump located right there and they had the Budweiser air Assault Team come out and do some tricks with music playing into the night. I can't remember if that's happened recently, but when I worked at the Wonderbar in college a long time ago we'd break that out. It was pretty fun.
    Wunderbar? What's that?

It's right above the Mushro..........

Actually I also forgot to give my opinion on North or South. I say North. Maybe it's because it's been North for so many years and it's just a matter of conditioning. Maybe though it's because Upper FIS finally softens up and gives me a reason to use the Summit chair. Maybe it's because Bravo cut over to Exterminator at the first traverse then to Encore or Tumbler and right back on NR has such sweat soft buttery mash potato bumps that I can't imagine doing anything else with my life in the Spring. It also might be hanging on the deck with a beer watching the kids jib on the pipe (now park) in the sun. Seriously how nice is that deck in the sun. So old school. I love it. You just can't recreate that Old Mountain feel.

This all being said I would go with North, but hey. If South has something to prove. Maybe it feels a bit slighted. Perhaps competative. I say go ahead and show me what you got this spring. I'll give you a fair shake.

I'm pretty sure ClayBrook owners would want it to be South (ahem, Lincoln Peak) - but how about we keep it at North for a lot of the reasons MtnMan4Bush just stated (plus the deck!) - and run GH (with download) and SBX so ClayBrookers can get over there without the bus. Is the "snow under SBX for rescues" restriction gonna nix that idea? I don't know the ins and outs of why there needs to be snow there, and plenty of chairs run in summer, so can someone enlighten me?
    Altitude is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder
    I'm pretty sure ClayBrook owners would want it to be South (ahem, Lincoln Peak) - but how about we keep it at North for a lot of the reasons MtnMan4Bush just stated (plus the deck!) - and run GH (with download) and SBX so ClayBrookers can get over there without the bus. Is the "snow under SBX for rescues" restriction gonna nix that idea? I don't know the ins and outs of why there needs to be snow there, and plenty of chairs run in summer, so can someone enlighten me?
    There needs to be snow so that the snowcats and snowmobiles can get to it in case (God forbid) of an evac.

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    There needs to be snow so that the snowcats and snowmobiles can get to it in case (God forbid) of an evac.
    That's what I tought - 4x4's won't work??
    Altitude is Everything

C'Mon, like you cant walk up the mall either? Somehow they have no problem running the GMX during the summer, part of which is on a black pitched slope!
    ASC managed to pull it off?
    Obviously the Cliffs is accessible by 4x4, why not the mall?
    I want to bump it up on Stiens and FIS in June, while having bbq and beer at the Glen House, and a deck at the bottom of Stiens?
    How about Beer Stiens on Stiens?
    Nothing will atract more buisness than a good party.

Hopefully one of these years, Sugarbush will stay open longer than April 30, as I am getting sick of theese fixed closing dates.
    My Opinion, If there is $now on the Mountain, Market it, and Keep the Mountain Open!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_451
    C'Mon, like you cant walk up the mall either? Somehow they have no problem running the GMX during the summer, part of which is on a black pitched slope!
    ASC managed to pull it off?
    Obviously the Cliffs is accessible by 4x4, why not the mall?
    I want to bump it up on Stiens and FIS in June, while having bbq and beer at the Glen House, and a deck at the bottom of Stiens?
    How about Beer Stiens on Stiens?
    Nothing will atract more buisness than a good party.

Hopefully one of these years, Sugarbush will stay open longer than April 30, as I am getting sick of theese fixed closing dates.
    My Opinion, If there is $now on the Mountain, Market it, and Keep the Mountain Open!
    I think slidebrook is a little bit more logistically challanged...don't ya think?

RIGHT! With what $$ Yours? If I had your $$$ I'd burn mine If it doesn't make sense financially the SV won't do it. Sorry....btw R U on something
    "If I had a magic wand and I could change skiing. I would make it exactly the way it was before snowboarding came along." G.P.

There already is a road thats goes up LP, it switchbacks just like most steep mountain roads, a road up the mall would be more like a hillclimb than a road. There is even a trail called Spring Road which is a small section of it.

To be honest, there is no one to market to. By the time you get into late April folks in NY/NJ/CT and MA are starting to play and think about summer sports. It's been tried before, a definate money loser. I am excited about the fact the Bush is getting back into mountain biking this summer.

It's been stated in several other threads already, SBX has to close down early due to wildlife habitat protection.

During the ASC days they ran Super Bravo during the summer on weekends and ran the GMX only during the B&J festival weekends.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

4x4's won't work??

???????????????????????
    Altitude is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    B&J festival weekends.
    Grr@Uniliver for destroying that tradition...

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

After a certain point it is not fiscally prudent to stay open officially. As I have said in previous messages, the Tram Authority only allows us to run Slidebrook in the winter, if there is adequate snow cover for an evacuation. In the summer the permit conditions do not allow it to run except for scheduled maintenance because of the bear habitat. It would be a wonderful foliage ride but we can not run it. We also will not run for safety reasons if the temperature is below 5 degrees. Given the two miles of line and the challenging terrain, an evacuation of SB takes much longer than any other lift.

We are bringing back mountain biking this summer at LP. Bravo will run on the weekends and perhaps one other day from the 4th of July through Community Day in October. We are also designing a Disc Golf Course at LP which should be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    We are also designing a Disc Golf Course at LP which should be a lot of fun.
    Sweet
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

After a certain point it is not fiscally prudent to stay open officially. As I have said in previous messages, the Tram Authority only allows us to run Slidebrook in the winter, if there is adequate snow cover for an evacuation. In the summer the permit conditions do not allow it to run except for scheduled maintenance because of the bear habitat. It would be a wonderful foliage ride but we can not run it. We also will not run for safety reasons if the temperature is below 5 degrees. Given the two miles of line and the challenging terrain, an evacuation of SB takes much longer than any other lift.
    You couldn't pay me enough to load SB when it's below 5 degrees anyway! But I guess there are those who would do it. Anyways... thanks for the verification/clarification.

We are bringing back mountain biking this summer at LP. Bravo will run on the weekends and perhaps one other day from the 4th of July through Community Day in October. We are also designing a Disc Golf Course at LP which should be a lot of fun.
    Very cool! Sounds like fun

Great news, though I always thought the terrain at LP was a little steep for mtn biking. Also, you could overcome the 5 degree rule by substuting gonda cars for every 3rd or 4th chair. Just sayin'. Not my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

Great news, though I always thought the terrain at LP was a little steep for mtn biking. Also, you could overcome the 5 degree rule by substuting gonda cars for every 3rd or 4th chair. Just sayin'. Not my money.
    Steep Nah....just build some trails with some drops and flow and they WILL come!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."