Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jan 31-Feb 6 Storm Cycle: what's Goin On?

snowing pretty good right now at the base. picked up an inch, maybe two since 3pm.

I changed the title b/c there is a classic VT storm cycle coming on, and we should have a location to discuss what the hellis going on up there so that plans can be made accordingly. A brothah's got to know whether he should commit to arriving on time for the Superbowl party, no?

Locals - have at it, por favor.

Started snowing pretty heavily just before the mountain closed. We got a few inches. Now it seems to have slowed down.

Eye on the sky says on and off snow showers the next few days followed by a deep freeze, next week.

Friday's storm seems to have been called off... but not due to lack of interest.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Good call on changing the thread title.

Its been snowing off and on, I'd say there's another 1/2 inch out there. I'll post a real number tonight before bed. Right now I'm just estimating from a window a couple stories up.

Was dumping pretty good here in H20bury a while ago with about an inch or so. Probably won't last long - moon was visible with some clouds passing by.

-Jay

Bags are packed

Heading up for long S-bowl Father-Son ski weekend with some college era buddies. Happy to hear news of the fresh stuff.

And don't write off the possibility of a Friday or Sat dumpage. We are deploying a secret weapon on mountain, in the form of our sons the Luck Weather-meisters. They've a perfect weather track record whenever they get together.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

3-4 new inches this morning! maybe more up on the ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy
    3-4 new inches this morning! maybe more up on the ridge.
    Must have been a localized thing. Center Fayston at 1800' -maybe an inch. The forecast I just heard is about a foot over the next 3 days, then turning really frigid.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

A storm is brewing off the Pacific Coast

Maybe it'll be generous to us in 5 days.

Plowed off 3" this morning @ ME Village.

Our local guy Roger Hill said on WDEV this morning that the nor'easter heading up the coast will be too far out to sea to give us the big dump but bursts from lake effect will give us small shots for the next 4 days then back to the deep freeze on Monday. It does sound like wind MIGHT be a problem once again for the weekend.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Our local guy Roger Hill said on WDEV this morning that the nor'easter heading up the coast will be too far out to sea to give us the big dump but bursts from lake effect will give us small shots for the next 4 days then back to the deep freeze on Monday. It does sound like wind MIGHT be a problem once again for the weekend.
    All that snow has to go somewhere. I wonder where?

And the coastal miss shouldn't be a surprise - see my coastal vs. lake effect/upslope "fable" in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    All that snow has to go somewhere. I wonder where?

And the coastal miss shouldn't be a surprise - see my coastal vs. lake effect/upslope "fable" in another thread.
    My brother-in-law who is a snowplow contractor on the coast near Freeport, Maine says he is expecting/praying for 6-10" and downeast Maine, that's Busksport(depends on who you talk to) north, is expecting the big dump.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

My brother-in-law who is a snowplow contractor on the coast near Freeport, Maine says he is expecting/praying for 6-10" and downeast Maine, that's Busksport(depends on who you talk to) north, is expecting the big dump.
    I was actually talking about the snow that gets blown by the wind at SB, but I could see where my reference was confusing.

I guess my answer would be...wherever it wants to go but methinks your hoping to hear...indatrees
    Sugarbusher since 1970