Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder
    or you will find yourself struggling in the snow in a very flat area with big closely spaced evergreens!!
    ...not that I've ever actually done that of course...

Altitude is Everything

or you will find yourself struggling in the snow in a very flat area with big closely spaced evergreens!!
    ...not that I've ever actually done that of course...

Oh, no... none of us have ever been in that position.......

Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    Quote Originally Posted by skiladi
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Quite a bit of the mogulled expert terrain... I know some snowboarders love the bumps but I am not among that crowd...

Let's see... The Mall, Stein's, Paradise and Paradise Extension, Spills, everything on Castlerock except for Middle Earth and pieces of Troll Road, Morning Star, Village Run, Out to Lunch, and the In Road and Out Road, not like those are actual trails... over at North, Black Diamond, FIS, Bravo, Exterm/Lower Exterm, Way Back, Spin Out, Southbound, Encore... oh and I guess much of the woods, even though I'm not sure that counts as "trails"... haven't done Lew's or Egan's, Exterm Woods, Tumbler Woods, "Graduation Woods"... yep that's it.

Now who can say they've done every single one?
    I could but I keep discovering more. I've done everything on the map and lots of off-piste but I have yet to do Church. A couple people have offered to go with me but if it requires a cliff drop I think I'll pass. ; } I know a few off-piste I've yet to do but of all the ones I know of I think Church may be the one I never do. ; {
    I don't know if it counts as doing it, but if you go way to skier's left on Church, the drop is quite small. I did it where it was probably 8 feet (the biggest cliff I have been off of), and if I had gone a few feet more to the left it would
    ve been considerably shorter (though I think you'd have to jump out a little more). If you go off the side route there is a a second small drop which takes you to the bottom of the big drop.
    If you go off Church at extreme skier's left - make sure you go immediately back to your right afterwards, before you continue on down in the trees - esp. if the snow is deep - or you will find yourself struggling in the snow in a very flat area with big closely spaced evergreens!!
    I didn't know about the flat area, but the obvious path is to go to the right. There is a small clearing at the bottom of the drop on the extreme left, and then a larger opening toward the right, which is where the second drop I spoke of is, and which then puts you at the bottom of the bigger drop. At that point I maybe traversed some back toward skier's right, and then went down with a strong angle toward skier's right, at times traversing a little ways more toward the right as I headed down. I've been there twice and that plan worked fine both times.
    -Kenny

So...you are saying you went to the right?
    Altitude is Everything

Yeah, I was agreeing with you in a very wordy way. (Unless you are making some joke here that I am missing.)
    -Kenny

Yeah, I was agreeing with you in a very wordy way. (Unless you are making some joke here that I am missing.)
    Yes and no...just being a smart ass about your "wordy" answer!! (I was bored)
    Altitude is Everything

Yes and no...just being a smart ass about your "wordy" answer!! (I was bored)
    Understood
    -Kenny

I'm fairly new to SB and am skiing ME only. So, there's lots of stuff I haven't skied. But with the great cover today, I knocked off a couple of gems. First times on Tumbler and Semi-Tough. They aren't the biggest/badest trails on the mountain, but I'm not the biggest/badest skier on the mountain either. Today, both were thoroughly enjoyable ... Tumbler had big soft waist high bumps and Semi-Tough was about the nicest jaunt through the woods on a marked trail you could find anywhere. Eventually my legs just couldn't take another run. Can't wait for more!

I've been eyeing the trees to skier right of Birch Run. Looks like you could take a line from Birch to the drainage towards castlerock. You can see the line when riding Bravo. Anyone done this? Looks doable though not sure about an exit strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by bsideindy
    I've been eyeing the trees to skier right of Birch Run. Looks like you could take a line from Birch to the drainage towards castlerock. You can see the line when riding Bravo. Anyone done this? Looks doable though not sure about an exit strategy.
    No, it's a horrible area, full of logs and blow downs and rocks and all kinds of things... just never go there...

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Listen to Strat. He knows best......
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

No, it's a horrible area, full of logs and blow downs and rocks and all kinds of things... just never go there...

A man wise beyond his years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman

A man wise beyond his years.
    Interestingly that's not the first time I've heard that... but yes, I try.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Strat, shouldn't there be a comma after "Interestingly"? (Sorry, couldn't help myself. Please return to your regularly scheduled posting.)
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Strat, shouldn't there be a comma after "Interestingly"? (Sorry, couldn't help myself. Please return to your regularly scheduled posting.)

Move it over to the misc. discussion...tavern whatever board
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."