SB/MRG Life-Link Randonnee Rally-Volunteers Needed Feb 4th

Hello everyone,

The second running of the Life Link Randonnee Rally is fast approaching and we need some help at checkpoints on the course.

The race starts at the bottom of MRG, goes up Antelope to the top, across the Long Trail to Northridge, down Rim Run/ Lower FIS and into Slide Brook, down to Grand Junction, amateurs go up to Village Run and the Pros go to the top of North Lynx, down through Castlerock Connection, up Header and everybody finishes in the Lincoln Peak Base area.

There $10,000 in prizes and raffles and volunteers are entered in the raffle. Last year, everybody got something and this shwag is good. No silly keychains.

The race starts at 8:30 and should take about 4 hours for most folks to get through it. The fastest people did it last year in about 2 hours. The checkpoints that we need help with are at the top of Northridge, in Slide Brook and a couple of locations at Lincoln Peak.

Please contact Laura Worthen at lworthen@sugarbush.com or at 583-6849, if you are interested. Thank you and good luck to all the competitors, including me!

John

Willing to do it again

Sent email to Laura let here know I would be willing again to man Grand Junction in Slidebrook

Thanks Greg. You are the man. Make sure to wave as I crawl by.

John

how'd it go John? I did it last year and had a blast! I had hoped to race in it this year and beat my last years time, but I was gone this weekend... At least the weather was better this year! (no rain!)

Dave

Pictures from the race

Here is a link to pictures from the race. Interesting that the first-front runner, where very stern and showed signs of frost bit, but the rest of group in most cases had good smiles on.