Thread: Recent runs

Recent runs

Who says Sugarbush has no snow.....

It happens but you have to be there.....

Come out and play.

Sweet pic..what trail? How many layers did you have on?
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Hey...leave the poor guy's...

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    How many layers did you have on?
    ....Polka dot union suit out of this ! Sheesh....even our layers aren't private anymore !

Re: Hey...leave the poor guy's...

Quote Originally Posted by smootharc
    How many layers did you have on?
    ....Polka dot union suit out of this ! Sheesh....even our layers aren't private anymore !

Your darn right...we want pics too! To be serious since it was so cold yesterday, -8F at the base, -30F at the summit, I was impressed that treeskier was even skiing yesterday.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Today's battle gear is amazing...

To be serious since it was so cold yesterday, -8F at the base, -30F at the summit, I was impressed that treeskier was even skiing yesterday.
    ....with layering obviously the key.

One thing I swear by are my Boot Gloves.

http://cozywinters.com/shop/bga.html

Cold days, and powder days (when your ski boot is riding inside/under snow, thus surrounded) these things make a noticeable difference for this guy. Kind of a pain in the butt getting used to getting them on....sort of a knack to it.

First learned about them about 1990 or so from a JHAF stud who knew from freaking cold. Swore by 'em.

Those things sound great..thanks for the link. Plus it will hide my boots which will cut down on the number of people who point at my boots and laugh...
    Sugarbusher since 1970

I would think most Ski shops in the valley stock them.

Those things sound great..thanks for the link. Plus it will hide my boots which will cut down on the number of people who point at my boots and laugh...
    Now, about your boots and laughability....that's where I butt out !

Wasn't taken Wednesday!
    "If I had a magic wand and I could change skiing. I would make it exactly the way it was before snowboarding came along." G.P.

Re: Today's battle gear is amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by smootharc
    To be serious since it was so cold yesterday, -8F at the base, -30F at the summit, I was impressed that treeskier was even skiing yesterday.
    ....with layering obviously the key.

One thing I swear by are my Boot Gloves.

http://cozywinters.com/shop/bga.html

Cold days, and powder days (when your ski boot is riding inside/under snow, thus surrounded) these things make a noticeable difference for this guy. Kind of a pain in the butt getting used to getting them on....sort of a knack to it.

First learned about them about 1990 or so from a JHAF stud who knew from freaking cold. Swore by 'em.
    Smootharc, I think you have extended my safe skiing range. I used to have big problems with cold fee when temps droped below 10-15 degrees. I took your advise and bought the boot glove; used them today. Very niiice! Its the real deal, really makes a difference. Next test, the zero degree temps tomorrow.