Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by win
    We do plan to groom out Exterminator and Organgrinder....
    Acck!!!! Please leave me some bumps for Friday!

North Lynx will be last priority for snowmaking at LP. Maybe late next week if we keep the temperatures. Snowball and Spring Fling will be sweet when they open - maybe later today. We do plan to groom out Exterminator and Organgrinder but want to do that when there will be some snow falling afterwards so it sets up well.
    Do you plan to winch all of Exterm? IMHO, the headwall is the only part that really needs work. The rest is ok. I just hate to see good bumps wiched away......... Last year, Exterm was groomed mid-season, and it was never quite the same again (and that wasn't a good thing). As soon as you run a cat over it, it will blow off or ski off right down to frozen, icy cat tracks. That doesn't make for a nice bump run, and sometimes only makes the ice problems worse. Of course, I trust your judgement, and will be happy with whatever you decide to do. Just my .02.

Now Organgrinder is another story entirely. Skied it yesterday, and as I pointed out earlier... it was nasty! Definitely groom that one!

We'll see what needs to be done on Exterm to put it into shape. Slidebrook roads still need more snow to get evacuation equipment in. Tram authority dictates this, and we would follow the same standard anyways. The lift will run as soon as that happens on weekends and Holidays.

do you plan to mow exterminator this week?

thanks for any info win.

We'll see what needs to be done on Exterm to put it into shape. Slidebrook roads still need more snow to get evacuation equipment in. Tram authority dictates this, and we would follow the same standard anyways. The lift will run as soon as that happens on weekends and Holidays.
    Sounds good.

Hopefully we'll get some more snow so the SBX can run. I'd probably spend a lot more time at South if SBX was running........ of course, Mt. Ellen is my personal favorite (and ALWAYS will be, even though I ski over 75 days there each year), but I'd at least hit South once a week .

I'm sure there is a method to the grooming madness....what is it? Does it help base building? I don't ever recall FIS being rolled/groomed? Is FIS too steep to be winched? SO many questions???/

I do like exterm the way it is...but, I do enjoy the 1-2 times a year I get to ski it with my father when it's groomed. He's a 2 turn kind of skier
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

FIS has been Groomed many times. Winch ,yes.

Years ago there was a guy from Moretown that would groom it without a winch. A sight to see!!!!! He would do 2 shooters of JD in the bar and head up @ noon. He drove up FIS, turned around on the face and came down with the tracks in reverse. People would line the top of the trail watching.

Hopefully we'll get some more snow so the SBX can run.
    Screw SBX!!! Hopefully we'll get somemore snow so Losty can make some powder turns!

Oh... Am I sounding a bit too self centered? I'm a GUY, Dammit!

That aughta wake them up!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Hopefully we'll get some more snow so the SBX can run.
    Screw SBX!!! Hopefully we'll get somemore snow so Losty can make some powder turns!

Oh... Am I sounding a bit too self centered? I'm a GUY, Dammit!

That aughta wake them up!
    I am with ya on that one!!!!!!
    "If I had a magic wand and I could change skiing. I would make it exactly the way it was before snowboarding came along." G.P.

I see Paradise re-opened completely today! South will definitely get a visit...

looks like Organgrinder was flattened today according to the Bush trail report: http://www.sugarbush.com/snowandtrai...sandtrails.asp

Quote Originally Posted by ski_it
    looks like Organgrinder was flattened today according to the Bush trail report: http://www.sugarbush.com/snowandtrai...sandtrails.asp
    It needed it badly. But Exterm is perfect... I skied it yesterday (I was the only person on the trail all afternoon), and it is better than it's been all year....... soft, and entirely edgable.... no more blue ice! Hopefully it will stay that way even after people ski it in.

Twist and Moonshine for tomorrow!!

Ya-effin-hoo!

Come on, gimme the Mall. Pleeeeeeease.........?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Twist and Moonshine for tomorrow!!

Ya-effin-hoo!

Come on, gimme the Mall. Pleeeeeeease.........?
    Not bloody likely unless they get a legit 4-5" by day's end - just too steep. Twist and Moonshine should be a treat if you get there early enough, but the bottom of Mooonshine will be a bony mess pretty quickly, especially if Lower Twist isn't open.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Not bloody likely unless they get a legit 4-5" by day's end - just too steep. Twist and Moonshine should be a treat if you get there early enough, but the bottom of Mooonshine will be a bony mess pretty quickly, especially if Lower Twist isn't open.
    No worries. I've skied Moonshine in some pretty poor conditions:

It's all good...