Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Member Introductions Thread

Feel free to introduce yourself here.

Montpelier, Vt....Steamboat CO for next two years
    Hi all, not a new member per say, just been living elsewhere the past two years....any guesses? I am moving back to VT in May and have been getting more interested in my old favorite resort. Hope you all get alot out of this snow storm...looking like your winter is starting to look better than ours in CO.

Welcome Boat, I lived in Montpelier for a couple of years, fun place to live, also went to UW so I have been to the Boat a bunch of times. This was many many moons ago. Is Billy Kidd, a former Vermonter, still the resort's ski legend in residence...

What's the local poop on the new owners? Very curious about that.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

wow...almost 2 years and no introductions.
    honestly, i never knew this board existed until a crossover post from here showed up on another site. Another ski related site of course!
    i am a ski/ride aholic. an avid Sugarbusher since the mid 80's. I must say i do like the changes i have seen over the past few years. In this case, change has been good (mountain biking this summer was pretty cool). Playing in the mountains is what i love to do, looking forward to the 08/09 season...see you (or not) on the hill. I'll be the one with the big smile on my face.
    there is no crying, whining, or pouting allowed on the mountain. period.

Welcome to the board, and thanx for actually being brave enough to say hi.

Sorry you didn't hear about this board. Thought I'd told everyone at the mountain.

For any others that would like to say who you are... feel free.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Hi Everyone,
    Not sure if people even look at this thread... Just joined the forum after reading for the past couple years. Skier (and occasional snowboarder <big powder days only>) that used to do the share house in Killington for 5 years, and then finally was 'awakened' on a trip to Sbush, and never looked back. Been skiing at the 'Bush for 3 years now, and have a condo in Fayston. Work from home sometimes, and love doing it up in VT - so sometimes up for a few weeks at time, otherwise, just a weekender coming up from Long Island, NY. See you on the mountain, and on my favorite trails: Tumbler, The Mall, Paradise, Castlerock Run, & Morningstar,

Welcome TRWStock! I'm hoping to get this place going a little more... I have a few ideas for some contests and things we can run, probably in conjunction with Alpinezone. Welcome aboard!
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Welcome aboard.

Hi everyone! I just registered this week after reading the board for years. I've been coming up to the 'Bush since the early eighties during February vacation week. After college, was fortunate enough to marry into a family who eventaully bought a Castlerock condo in the late 90's. That first year of ownership was a great early start to the season. We were on the top half of Sunrise the day after Thanksgiving when my wife caught a snowsnake and tore her ACL. She hasn't skied since but my three kids love to rip up Sleeper and the woods. My favorite trails are Middle Earth, Paradise, Stein's, Spring Fling (miss the triple) Snowball and believe it or not... Castelrock Connection. I just love being in the middle of those woods, looking up and imagining how many trails could be cut in there. We live in northern NJ and make the trip up several times in the winter and a few more in the summer/fall. Let it Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    Hi everyone! I just registered this week after reading the board for years. I've been coming up to the 'Bush since the early eighties during February vacation week. After college, was fortunate enough to marry into a family who eventaully bought a Castlerock condo in the late 90's. That first year of ownership was a great early start to the season. We were on the top half of Sunrise the day after Thanksgiving when my wife caught a snowsnake and tore her ACL. She hasn't skied since but my three kids love to rip up Sleeper and the woods. My favorite trails are Middle Earth, Paradise, Stein's, Spring Fling (miss the triple) Snowball and believe it or not... Castelrock Connection. I just love being in the middle of those woods, looking up and imagining how many trails could be cut in there. We live in northern NJ and make the trip up several times in the winter and a few more in the summer/fall. Let it Snow!
    Welcome!

As for Castlerock Connector - who's to say there aren't trails in there already? You just can't see them all that easily!

When embedding an image, please be sure you have rights to the Web server that is hosting it. It is consider poor netiquette to embed images that are hosted on servers where you don't own the web space or have the right to post the image outside of the hosting site.<hr>For a bulleted list use this code:

hello! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Been reading this forum for a while and thought I should drop by and at least say hi. Currently in NY and I hope to see some of you folks on the trail soon! I am usually a weekender. In the mean time keep adventuring!

Sugarbush your home hill?

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer707 View Post
    hello! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Been reading this forum for a while and thought I should drop by and at least say hi. Currently in NY and I hope to see some of you folks on the trail soon! I am usually a weekender. In the mean time keep adventuring!
    Welcome. Where are you in NY?

Hey now. I took advantage of the spring deal on Mt. Ellen passes and hope to be spending a lot of time there. Cool Forum.