What's your set up?

Freeheel, fixed heel? Fat or skinny? Goofy or regular?
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Gotta go with Goofy for me. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Really old boots, a pair of nice fairly new Atomics(190cm) with bindings I scored at a ski swap recently for 100 bucks and my Scott Gold poles that I have been using since high school, you know from 4 years...ok, ok....decades ago.

Please don't start about the old boots, like MRG regarding the snowboard issue, I have heard it all before. I did get a pair of fancy Nordica boots a few years ago, they were bright green, don't remember the model. I tried them once and my feet froze so I put them in the trash and went back to old reliable.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Custom X, T6: Goofy.
    or
    skinny and fixed
    "If I had a magic wand and I could change skiing. I would make it exactly the way it was before snowboarding came along." G.P.

well, depends on the day!

-fixed usually (FAT)
    -then freeheel (finally with plastic boots after 13 years riding leathers!) (mid FAT)
    -and if that's not doing it for me, or if we get a lot of snow, I ride the old Rippy regular foot!

gotta love choices!

dave

Big fan of choices. I also like choices with a quiver....

Freeheel: mid fat& fat....
    Fixed: bump & fat
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

SG - Burton Factory Prime 185cm Race Stock, 210mm wide, 16m sidecut radius...Burton Race Plates with 7 degree cant / heel lift on rear and flat on front...binding angles 51deg. F / 48deg. R...stance width 51cm and 2.5cm setback...Burton Reactor hard boots 10 degree lean front / 30 degree lean rear - 10 degree inward cant.

GS - Hot Blast 178cm stock 198mm wide, 13.7 m sidecut radius ...F2 Titanium Race Plates w/ 3 degree cant and 6 degree heel lift on rear and 3 degrees toe lift on front...binding angles 58deg. F / 55 deg. R...stance width 49cm and 2cm setback...Burton Reactor hard boots 10 degree lean front / 30 degree lean rear - 10 degree inward cant.

SL - Hot Blast 160cm stock 199mm wide, 8.9m sidecut radius ...Burton Race Plates with 7 degree cant / heel lift on rear and flat on front...binding angles 57deg. F / 54deg. R...stance width 48cm and 2.5cm setback....Burton Reactor hard boots 10 degree lean front / 20 degree lean rear - 5 degree inward cant.

Bumps/Freecarve - Volkl Cross 167 stock, 250mm wide, 9.5/9.0/8.5 progressive sidecut...Burton Race Plates with 7 degree cant / heel lift on rear and flat on front...binding angles 45deg. F / 33deg. R...stance width 49cm and 1.5cm setback...Burton Reactor hard boots 10 degree lean front / 20 degree lean rear - 5 degree inward cant.

Powder - Oxygen Shogun 169 stock, 257mm wide, 10m sidecut radius...Salomon SPX4 softboot bindings flat on rear and flat on front...binding angles 39deg. F / 27deg. R...stance width 50cm and 4cm setback...Salomon Synapse soft boots.

Freestyle/Pipe - Atomic Radon stock, 256mm wide, 9.0/8.5/8.0 progressive sidecut...Salomon SPX4 softboot bindings flat on rear and flat on front...binding angles 33deg. F / 21deg. R...stance width 49cm and 3.5cm setback...Salomon Synapse soft boots.
    Altitude is Everything

Volke Karma's 160 CM (Sick Ski)
    Salomon Bindings, can't remember the model
    Atomic Izor 71 168 CM (Nice on wide open groomers)
    Integrated Bindings

Boots - Technica Vento 10 HVL

Jacket - Orange Jacket, and some rag from REI
    Helmet - some random Brain Bucket
    Gloves - They keep my hands warm
    Pants - Burton (its either that or look like a racer)
    Poles (nothing special)

Fixed - Rossi Sprayer Scratch BCs (182) Nice ski in bumps or trees. Little thinner than the pocket rockets I had/have and a bit lighter.

Next year I think I'll try freeheel. I love the idea of skinning up a mountain and coming down with nothing around you. Any suggestions on equipment? Should I go AT? Would AT bindings allow me to use my plastic doubles?