need miscellaneous subject area

We could use a miscellaneous subject area here just like our parent AZ has. I asked about this way back when but never heard anything. It would eliminate alot of misplaced threads, hijacks and humorous tangents(my personal favorite to participate in) plus not having one stifles participation if one wants to ask/comment/discuss anything that has nothing to do directly with Sugarbush, MRV and Mad River Glen.

I understand why we don't have one but to be a true forum with a better community I feel it's important and at the same time it will improve the content flow considerably, but that's just me. I understand the big picture, just thought I'd ask again, not a biggie.

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

I'll pass your idea on to mgmt.

I added a poll to this thread. Feel free to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    I added a poll to this thread. Feel free to vote.
    Much appreciated Greg!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

As a little history, when first we started this forum, it was a branch off the Alpine Zone forum. We thought we could keep this one as basically a ski/ride forum, and have any misc discussion in the Zone.

As we have grown, we now have a number who aren't registered in the and have had such things as the grammar thread, which came up due to questions on the grammar used in one of the posts.

I would have no problem with an online Castlerock Pub, ( ) where people could discuss whatever else came to mind, other than personal flaming, and such.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    As a little history, when first we started this forum, it was a branch off the Alpine Zone forum. We thought we could keep this one as basically a ski/ride forum, and have any misc discussion in the Zone.

As we have grown, we now have a number who aren't registered in the and have had such things as the grammar thread, which came up due to questions on the grammar used in one of the posts.

I would have no problem with an online Castlerock Pub, ( ) where people could discuss whatever else came to mind, other than personal flaming, and such.
    Oooh ooh, I like that. Assuming the vote is in the affirmative (the early returns seem convincing), we'll call it the Castlerock Pub (or The Mushroom, for old time's sake)

Maybe we can take a vote on which pub to call the misc. discussion room.....
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

No.... I think that would be too far off topic!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Oh come on, that was just a little digression...

Overall though, I don't think another forum is necessary... we have seen amazing expansion as the winter (or lack thereof) has progressed, but I bet by May/June we're back to the traffic of last summer, which was 1-2 posts on a good day...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Oh come on, that was just a little digression...

Overall though, I don't think another forum is necessary... we have seen amazing expansion as the winter (or lack thereof) has progressed, but I bet by May/June we're back to the traffic of last summer, which was 1-2 posts on a good day...
    I think an open forum might be healthy! Who cares if it's stagnant for 4 or 5 months? Of course, if it's truly an open forum, maybe it will get some traffic in the summer when we have nothing better to do than BS about whatever we want to BS about .

Just my .02

Pretty much overwhelming support so far so I went ahead and fired this up:

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewforum.php?f=11

In the unlikely event, that the results of this poll flip towards opposing a Micellaneous forum, we'll axe it...