Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Intrawest rumor?

Anyone else heard rumors that there is a possible Intrawest interest in place to buy the resort? I've heard it a few times now.

I love intrawest rumors. I think I heard that one a while ago. I am sure someone in the "know" can verify the accuracy
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Re: Intrawest rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by arc1
    Anyone else heard rumors that there is a possible Intrawest interest in place to buy the resort? I've heard it a few times now.
    No... 99% certain that that's a big NO. Besides, I don't think Win would even consider selling the resort to Intrawest, but maybe he could chime in here and dispell the rumor????

Then again, I could be wrong. I hope not!

Re: Intrawest rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by arc1
    OMG....can't believe you would even post something so rediculous. Exactly, where and from whom did you hear these rumors?
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

I heard it in the hottub at the Snuggery

Yep, hot topic in "tub" and bar.............with the closing of MRG, IW is coming in and buying the whole ridge. Didn't you see the IW van at Egans on Sat......................

Don't shoot the messenger...

Heard it from a couple of pretty smart sources. Why do you find this so 'rediculous'? I can't even imagine what SV's books must look like now.

I know, I know...

The Stratton Free-style team was here - IW.

Re: I heard it in the hottub at the Snuggery

Quote Originally Posted by ahm
    Yep, hot topic in "tub" and bar.............with the closing of MRG, IW is coming in and buying the whole ridge. Didn't you see the IW van at Egans on Sat......................
    LMAO...a father dropping off his kids at LP yesterday, told me ASC is going to use some of the proceeds from the Steamboat sale to buy back the Bush because they were pissed that SV accomplished what they couldn't do and then they would then claim it was their doing.

To be serious for a moment, on Intrawest, since the company was swallowed up by a major private equity firm(Fortress) and taken out off the NYSE and gone private, rumors about what the company is doing are swirling around the country more than ever. The only thing I know for sure is the obvious. Their PNW/CO resorts, especially their flagship resort, Whistler, are making them smile but their resorts in the northeast are keeping the hari-kari(sic)
    sword in the room.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

I heard Courtney Love, Eminem and Prince are forming a group to buy the resort.
    Altitude is Everything

Again, back to Intrawest,...............freezeframe...CNBC just announced that Courtney Love had to drop out of the deal because, according to her publicist, she had misunderstood the term "white powder" when she was presented with the deal by her "financial advisor"

.............most everybody knows Intrawest just paid 256m for Steamboat. They(Fortress) has alot of cash ability so it's only logical that if you were looking to buy a resort or two, eyeing a few here in the east, the timing couldn't be better even if Fortress was paying Ma Nature directly. The next year or so should be very interesting in the ski resort biz, very interesting indeed.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Interesting that this post has been going on for the whole day and no response from Win! What's up?

Maybe... as opposed to most of us who have been at the computer all day... he has a life?

Or, in other words, he hasn't posted on anything, so he might have other things to do.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Is lostone an alias for Win?

Obviously this rumor has been started to cover up the true story. Mad River Glen is currently in negotiations to buy Sugarbush. The long term plan being to build a Tbar connecting MRG to ME, and selling LP to Burton.

Is lostone an alias for Win?

That will get him to post!!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.