Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bootfitters in the Valley

On another note. Special thanks to the guys at SureFoot for saving my day. Listened to wife complain about feet killing her on several runs till she went and got custom boots from these guys. $800 later got one run in with her. Best run of the week. Heard a few other people raving about how good there boots felt after going in there. These guys know there stuff.
    What is SureFoot?

I believe SureFoot is a boot fitting operation at the bottom right (as viewed from the parking lot.) of the Claybrook building.

I havn't used them but the word is, as stated above, they are very good.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

FOR BOOT FITTING...

I have nothing but good things to say about the boys @ Mountainside. Good people. Good service. Good prices! Sugarbush Village.

These guys are pros!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Not arguing about Mountainside.

Freeheel, I agree with you on Mountainside. I get all my kids stuff there and all my tunes are done with them. Know them and they are great guys. To my knowledge though they don't offer this type of fitting. Being able to pick out a shell that fits your type of skiing and then have a custom foam injected liner made to match your foot. They also have a high tech way to make custom footbeds using a computer. I used to make footbeds from Superfeet and this is by far more superior. Also, wife's feet hurt so bad she couldn't make the walk over there.

Quote Originally Posted by walks
    Freeheel, I agree with you on Mountainside. I get all my kids stuff there and all my tunes are done with them. Know them and they are great guys. To my knowledge though they don't offer this type of fitting. Being able to pick out a shell that fits your type of skiing and then have a custom foam injected liner made to match your foot. They also have a high tech way to make custom footbeds using a computer. I used to make footbeds from Superfeet and this is by far more superior. Also, wife's feet hurt so bad she couldn't make the walk over there.
    As long as the wife is happy! That is my credo

Quote Originally Posted by walks
    I use Brooke, Dave, Hank and Co as well. They know their stuff and they're good people. I've been extremely happy with the work that Dave has done on my boots. In addition, at the end of the day, I want to feel good about the people that I do business with, and I get that withthose guys.

This is a good topic, I'm going to split it out of the Foodservice discussion.

Does anyone have any input on the bootfitting at Inverness Ski Shop. I was browsing around the other day, and the guy I spoke with there really seemed to take it seriously. Anyone have any comments on them?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySnack
    Does anyone have any input on the bootfitting at Inverness Ski Shop. I was browsing around the other day, and the guy I spoke with there really seemed to take it seriously. Anyone have any comments on them?
    I forgot what his name is, but I know he's a certified pedorthist, FWIW. OTOH, he would be the first one to let you know that. I didn't get a good vibe when I walked in there from him. Quasi bad mouthed some other shops in the valley. No thanks.

Scoobysnack I would go to Mountainside..

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySnack
    Not sure about the boot fitter, but the owner did not impress me at all. edit Nevermind

Yes, go to Mountainside.

I forgot what his name is, but I know he's a certified pedorthist, FWIW. OTOH, he would be the first one to let you know that. I didn't get a good vibe when I walked in there from him. Quasi bad mouthed some other shops in the valley. No thanks.
    You were probably talking to Bill. Sometimes has a little trouble being a people person.

And most of the other shops in the area will send you to any onther shop, for something they don't have, except his.

Respect is earned. And if you know about attaboys...

Go see David @ Mountainside!

Thanks for the feedback, all.

Mountainside = Professional Service / Knowledge

Mountainside for the best service... those guys know their stuff, they didn't just read the manual last month they have 25 + years working on skis, boots, they knowing racing and tree skiing, they've been there and can ski as well as they can tune a ski or fit a boot.

I admit, Surefroot is cool, the thing you stand on and the bells and whistles, pretty cool. but fitting a boot relies on experience and a deep knowledge of how feet work with boots .... they've fitted me with several footbeds, ground my boots, tuned my skis.

all I can say is that's the only place I'd go for the best service in Vermont ....