Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sugarbush skier goes west

Just entered into Lake Tahoe. A good 8-12 inches on Mt Rose Pass. Since I am away it usually dumps at some point at the Bush. So forget what the weather man says and come ski.....

Glad to hear Tahoe is finally getting some snow....looks like many resorts out there have had a very tough start for the ski season as well. You must be some sort of snow charm. Please make it our turn at your earliest convenience
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Tahoe

Tree! I'll be on yer heels headed to Utah in 4 weeks. . . . .then Colorado in March to visit the kid in grad school. . . . .and uh, ski some natural snow! How long you out in Tahoe for and where are you making turns?
    Bring some back with you, and make it light and dry, please.

Full ski house this week and little snow. . . . .can't even snow shoe! Give us some good descriptions so we can live vicariously. . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm in Snowbird at the end of January. Please gift them some snow on your way back.

Re: Sugarbush skier goes west

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier
    Just entered into Lake Tahoe. A good 8-12 inches on Mt Rose Pass. Since I am away it usually dumps at some point at the Bush. So forget what the weather man says and come ski.....
    Please, Please stay out there. Really!
    "If I had a magic wand and I could change skiing. I would make it exactly the way it was before snowboarding came along." G.P.

I really mean it

"If I had a magic wand and I could change skiing. I would make it exactly the way it was before snowboarding came along." G.P.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    I'm in Snowbird at the end of January. Please gift them some snow on your way back.
    The Bird doesn't need any gifts....you are just being selfish

Gift some back to the East BABY!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

steep

Had some fine powder runs at the bginning of the trip. But it's been several days since the last storm. The best part has been the extreem steeps. Kirkwood was fun yesturday as was the back bowl at Alpine Meadows. Looks like you all are finally getting snow....fill in the trees.

OK, you had some fun out west, now get your butt back here so it can start snowing, dangit!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Fill in the trees...?

I don't think you have a good picture of what has happened, here. We're talking fill in Downspout.

But today did help some... Now, if we can get tonight to help out...
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Alta-Bird doing just fine

[quote="freeheel_skier"]
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    The Bird doesn't need any gifts....you are just being selfish

Gift some back to the East BABY!
    Please excuse my buddy Howie, he's a bit funny in the head. Somehow he's unclear what Alta's 57" base depth & season-to-date snowfall of 159" means. True, they've only just got some decent snows late last week after a 10 day 'dry' spell. But I'd kill for just a fraction of those totals at our beloved S'bush.

Anyway, I get the fun job of introducing Howie to Alta-Bird land later this month...if he's still cranky I'll ditch him well off of skiers left off the Supreme chair at Alta. He can then spend rest of Winter thawing out with the bear...and with no cigarettes.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

This weather has made me crazed for snow. Not to jinx us but I want like 5 feet.
    Besides, you'll be lucky if you can get your boots on. Back boy!

I'm Back and it is snowing!

I'm back and it is snowing!!!!!

Fill in those trees

Castle Rock one Better

Went to Sierra at Tahoe ski area and found a trail under their highest lift to be filled with rocks or should I say boulders. Gives Castlerock a run for it's money!

Steep too! What do you think?

Re: Castle Rock one Better

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier
    Went to Sierra at Tahoe ski area and found a trail under their highest lift to be filled with rocks or should I say boulders. Gives Castlerock a run for it's money!

Steep too! What do you think?
    Looks like fun to me!