Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WEATHER

WEATHER

Anyone want to comment on the extended winter outlooks?????

I will not comment on this weekend. What do I know? I am just a hack. Ok I will....Sunday looks to be OK. Enjoy the spring skiing!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

The weather blows! There's my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    The weather blows! There's my comment.
    YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: WEATHER

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier
    Anyone want to comment on the extended winter outlooks?????

I will not comment on this weekend. What do I know? I am just a hack. Ok I will....Sunday looks to be OK. Enjoy the spring skiing!
    After a historically lousy blowtorch through Saturday, things start to look a lot better. Possible storm/clipper for Sunday/Sunday night then another Tuesday-ish. Temps should return to seasonal values through the period, which is a decrease of 15-20 degrees from the forecast in the near term.

The way it's looking right now, the hammer comes a week or so later with genuine arctic air invading the NE for the first time this winter. I'm feeling giddy.

Saturday, bring out the fatty's to skim over the puddles. Sunday, bringing out the race skis with really sharp edges to cut into the ice. Wish I really had a pair of the later.

ONe size fits all.............

Given that forecast, and the season in general, I'll be on the Stormrider Scott Schmidts.............

I'm watching the CBS News and one of the lead stories is about trees in NYC are blooming like it was springtime. What's next....the maple sap's gonna start flowing. Wierd weather for sure. Going by the law of averages the chance for big snow in Feb/March is definately possible.

Okay...that's good for business...they just showed a chairlift with no snow anywhere in sight and the reporter said something like " there is no snow for skiers in places like Vermont". Now ski resorts in northern NE are going to have to spend more money on convincing the world that we have snow, we are open. I know currently the Bush's conditions or weather is not great, okay downright sucky for the next 2 days, but if I was typing this last Sunday you would be thinking diferently.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Pond skimming and birdie's on numbers 1,3,4,10,18.

The other side of the coin...you KNOW it's going to be 50 degrees all next summer!
    Mondo 44.5

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    but if I was typing this last Sunday you would be thinking diferently.
    well.... we all know how s-l-o-w-l-y you type, how do we know you weren't typing this last Sunday?
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I'm plagiarizing this from another site-but I figured everyone could use a little hope.

Powder early next week
    Whatever does fall Sunday night into early Monday will be the start of what should be a far more intriguing period of weather across New England. During the day on Monday, colder temperatures (categorically normal), make a push into New England but as this happens, the lower troposphere will remain unstable and will thus start the Stark Mountain induced snow machine. The snow showers which should begin during the day Monday and last through Monday night are certainly be capable of producing 3 or 4 inches but this precedes a very potent upper air impulse which arrives on the wings of the Polar Jet on Tuesday. Some of the models are actually suggesting that Tuesday's system may develop into a coastal snow producer for Maine. For most of the Green Mountains, the system should bring much needed snowfall, particularly to the high elevations. I don't want to get caught being too specific but the mountains of north central Vermont could easily see anywhere between 1-2 feet of new snow in the period beginning late Sunday and ending early Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    I'm plagiarizing this from another site-but I figured everyone could use a little hope.

Powder early next week
    Whatever does fall Sunday night into early Monday will be the start of what should be a far more intriguing period of weather across New England. During the day on Monday, colder temperatures (categorically normal), make a push into New England but as this happens, the lower troposphere will remain unstable and will thus start the Stark Mountain induced snow machine. The snow showers which should begin during the day Monday and last through Monday night are certainly be capable of producing 3 or 4 inches but this precedes a very potent upper air impulse which arrives on the wings of the Polar Jet on Tuesday. Some of the models are actually suggesting that Tuesday's system may develop into a coastal snow producer for Maine. For most of the Green Mountains, the system should bring much needed snowfall, particularly to the high elevations. I don't want to get caught being too specific but the mountains of north central Vermont could easily see anywhere between 1-2 feet of new snow in the period beginning late Sunday and ending early Wednesday.
    I saw that too, and I'm hopeful. This would be GREAT!

You didn't get this from Roemer did you?
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    You didn't get this from Roemer did you?
    It screams Roemer. Same thing I thought....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce