Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Somehow I manage to find thirty or forty turns in a row sometimes in the woods. I don't ski bad woods if I can avoid it.

As for why every twig between trails isn't manicured, see my reply above. We have a very different regulatory climate than just about any other ski area in Vermont. Regardless of how much sense it makes to us, we can't just clean up every thing we want to. Yet. Or maybe ever.

I encourage folks with a deep interest to read the USFS GMNF plan that was just approved. You can get a copy on-line at the USFS site. It will shed some light on the regulations. Just for a little snapshot of what I am talking about, Sugarbush is not allowed to take pictures or video on the mountain without a special permit.

Sorry for any confusion regarding Mount Ellen. Indeed it is correct that most of the trails and inbounds terrain are owned by Sugarbush. However, I look at the mountain as more than just the trails.

John

Come on John.....

Yes there are lines that are long and sweet. But there could be more!

But, really no one is asking for manicured twigs.

I will look up the regs as I am interested, the picture/video regulation does sound ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    Just for a little snapshot of what I am talking about, Sugarbush is not allowed to take pictures or video on the mountain without a special permit.
    John
    I'd assume they've already obtained this permit? That's pretty damn severe anyway...

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)