Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Guys -

I've just proposed to the Mods, though have yet to hear back yet, what about doing it as a dedicated sub-forum here? I don't know if there's interest and I don't know if Greg would be interested (could be a lot of bandwidth), but it would seem that it's a natural location.

If everyone is gung-ho for the sugarbushhistory.com, go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Guys -

I've just proposed to the Mods, though have yet to hear back yet, what about doing it as a dedicated sub-forum here? I don't know if there's interest and I don't know if Greg would be interested (could be a lot of bandwidth), but it would seem that it's a natural location.

If everyone is gung-ho for the sugarbushhistory.com, go nuts.
    Why not both? The sub-forum here could be more of a reference and discussion place for those of us who are here. The sugarbushhistory.com will cater to everyone interested in Sugarbush, not just the forum members.

Not to be a party pooper but I don't think another forum is necessary... I mean a web page is one thing, almost like a museum, but it's not like history is dynamic... it's rather set in stone, so to speak, especially since we're talking about the less than 50-year history of one ski resort in Vermont... if it was skiing history as a whole, then maybe it would be worth a forum, but since this is really a relatively small project, I think the exhibit-style web page will be entirely adequate.

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Not to be a party pooper but I don't think another forum is necessary... I mean a web page is one thing, almost like a museum, but it's not like history is dynamic... it's rather set in stone, so to speak, especially since we're talking about the less than 50-year history of one ski resort in Vermont... if it was skiing history as a whole, then maybe it would be worth a forum, but since this is really a relatively small project, I think the exhibit-style web page will be entirely adequate.

Good point. I guess there really wouldn't be much discussion on historic facts; they are what they are. I think you're right -- exhibit-style page is what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    It seems a handful of people are willing to contribute to the small yearly cost. Do you have a paypal address where anyone interested can send a couple dollars so you aren't paying the yearly fee alone and doing all the work?
    Don't worry about it. Consider it a Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Solstice/New Years/etc. present!
    Thanks!
    -Kenny

How about one for Mad River Valley History in general, or even a Alpinezone Sub Forum, for New England Skiing History.

A Dedicated Sugarbush/MRG History Forum, could become a linked forum conponent to SugarbushHistory.com
    This would also make sense, as the site grew out of SkiMRV

I think this is a great project, I plan to do some photo documentary, and also interview some Old Timers I know, and see if they have any old maps etc...

I know a local buisness owner, who would likely contibute cash for an add banner, I will forward info contact info if you are interested.

Good Luck to you guts, setting this up. When I first came across Strats Site, it was like a gold mine, and I downloaded every single map on it. I learned most of What I know there. This is pretty awsome, as it will be unique to Sugarbush, I really don't immagin seeing K-MartHistory.com