Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think I'm going to grab a domain name right now, just so that we have it. What do you think it should be?

sugarbushhistory.com?
    historyofsugarbush.com?
    sugarbushinfo.com?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Check this old ad out from http://bush.daevious.com/skilife/bushad.html I forgot how comprehensive his site is, worth checking out.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Check this old ad out from http://bush.daevious.com/skilife/bushad.html I forgot how comprehensive his site is, worth checking out.
    That's great!

I like the second better, but not strongly inclined, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    does anyone know what happened to vtskibum? He was a regular on the RSN and AlpineZone forums, and he was on here too until December 2005... just asking because he provided me with a lot of the earliest maps on my site...
    He reads more than he posts... and doens't likely read all that much?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    I think I'm going to grab a domain name right now, just so that we have it. What do you think it should be?

sugarbushhistory.com?
    historyofsugarbush.com?
    sugarbushinfo.com?

I like sugarbushhistory.com, plain and simple, concise, not redundant... plus that's also the ID of the gmail account I operate for the site and other sugarbush related business...

Man you're gung-ho about this! Haha....

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

sugarbushhistory.com?
    historyofsugarbush.com?
    sugarbushinfo.com?

I like sugarbushhistory.com, plain and simple, concise, not redundant... plus that's also the ID of the gmail account I operate for the site and other sugarbush related business...

Just registered it: sugarbushhistory.com it is, mainly since it coincides with Strat's stuff. I'll set it up with my hosting ASAP. Then it will be on everyone here to send me everything you've got! I'll post an email address within a day or two.

Ok, so this is where I am right now:

registered domain (private reg) with GoDaddy as "sugarbushhistory.com" for $12/year
    set up hosting with 750mb storage and 7.8gb/month bandwidth (free, because I have connections )
    began basic site construction

sugarbushhistory.com?
    historyofsugarbush.com?
    sugarbushinfo.com?

Just registered it: sugarbushhistory.com it is, mainly since it coincides with Strat's stuff. I'll set it up with my hosting ASAP. Then it will be on everyone here to send me everything you've got! I'll post an email address within a day or two.
    What do you mean by everything?

What do you mean by everything?
    Everything relevant to the Bush that you'd like to see on the new page.

OKAY:

If you have any pictures, documents, info, videos, or any Sugarbush information you'd like to see on the new page, send it to:

webmaster@sugarbushhistory.com

I'll implement your submitted files/info however I can.

What are you going to use to construct this page?

I mean my entire site is composed in hand-written HTML...

What are you going to use to construct this page?

I mean my entire site is composed in hand-written HTML...

I used to go straight-up hand-written HTML until I realized that it took forever! I'll use a WYSIWYG editor and a template, and then hand-edit the HTML, Java, PHP, CSS, etc. as necessary. As far as I can tell, that's the easiest and most effective way to make it work.

Ok, so this is where I am right now:

registered domain (private reg) with GoDaddy as "sugarbushhistory.com" for $12/year
    set up hosting with 750mb storage and 7.8gb/month bandwidth (free, because I have connections )
    began basic site construction
    It seems a handful of people are willing to contribute to the small yearly cost. Do you have a paypal address where anyone interested can send a couple dollars so you aren't paying the yearly fee alone and doing all the work?
    -Kenny

First, I think you guys need to come with a title of your site and a description. You could start with something as simple as an outline and then get fancy from there. You want to put in as many keywords on your home page so the spiders will bring qualified visitors. So I guess another first things would be a list of keywords.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    It seems a handful of people are willing to contribute to the small yearly cost. Do you have a paypal address where anyone interested can send a couple dollars so you aren't paying the yearly fee alone and doing all the work?
    Don't worry about it. Consider it a Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Solstice/New Years/etc. present!

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    First, I think you guys need to come with a title of your site and a description. You could start with something as simple as an outline and then get fancy from there. You want to put in as many keywords on your home page so the spiders will bring qualified visitors. So I guess another first things would be a list of keywords.
    Good thinking, SRO.

Some keywords off the top of my head would be:

Sugarbush (duh!)
    Mt. Ellen
    Lincoln Peak
    Castlerock
    Mad River Valley
    Warren
    Waitsfield
    Vermont
    Skiing
    Claybrook
    Slidebrook
    Mad River Glen

Remember, we don't want the list of keywords to be too long, as that will also confuse and slow down the bots. The list needs to be as concise, yet descriptive as possible.

Some other thoughts?