Any way around the 89/93 split?

Just wondering. Is there any way around the Route 89/Route 93 merge? Monday afternoon was backed up 6-8 miles up 89 all the way down to the toll. Holiday weekend and week volume for sure. Curious.

That back up was unusual, but here is one trick. From 89 South take exit 2. Take route 13 North (Take a aight at the end of the ramp) stay on Rte. 13 for a few miles. At the light bear right. Another mile or so you'll come to a Stop Sign take a right onto South Main Street to 93 South.

Now you are actually north of the 93/89 exchange.

Take 93 South to 89 North take exit 1 to 3A South. This will take you to 93 South and/or Route 3 South beyond the toll.
    I know this route may seem crazy. But it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    That back up was unusual, but here is one trick. From 89 South take exit 2. Take route 13 North (Take a aight at the end of the ramp) stay on Rte. 13 for a few miles. At the light bear right. Another mile or so you'll come to a Stop Sign take a right onto South Main Street to 93 South.

Now you are actually north of the 93/89 exchange.

Take 93 South to 89 North take exit 1 to 3A South. This will take you to 93 South and/or Route 3 South beyond the toll.
    I know this route may seem crazy. But it works.
    That is WHACKY, but I can see where it would work. I would never have thought of that.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Will print it and throw it in the glovie. Thank you.

I had some friends up over New Years that did that trick and said the traffic started way up beyond Concord. Must have been the guy driving the Yellow hummer with RI plates in the praking lot thread that caused the back up!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Yeah about that. Again, I'm sorry about that. After I pulled the 89/93 move, I had to pull over. That Hummer is pretty wide, so traffic did pile up a bit. You know what they say: "You don't buy a lattes. You can only rent them."

As a Rhode Islander

I think it is time to use a different state as an example

Perhaps to offend the fewest people we could say a Yellow Hummer from Texas...as we all know RI is the "Greatest Little State in the Union"

Ofcourse it is! Home state to the Farrelly brothers, Federal Hill, Paw Sox, Narragansett brewery, The Breakers, Block island, etc.,etc., etc!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Now that I think of it, I found a great way around that traffic.

I stayed here.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Now that I think of it, I found a great way around that traffic.

I stayed here.
    Lo-stone / Lost-one, you're such a braggert at times, a showboater!