Thread: 1-800-ICY-ROAD

1-800-ICY-ROAD

For road conditions throughout Vermont you can call 1-800-ICY-ROAD, it's pretty amazing resource if your concerned about the road conditions in the state if you are driving up. Check it out.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Re: 1-800-ICY-ROAD

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    For road conditions throughout Vermont you can call 1-800-ICY-ROAD, it's pretty amazing resource if your concerned about the road conditions in the state if you are driving up. Check it out.
    Good to know. Thanks for the info.

On a suggestion, sticking it for all to see. A good resource for all of Vermont.

( Moving it here, was my idea. )
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Or just call 511. However if you're driving up 91 between BBoro and WRJ, you're gonna get NH and have to say "OTHER STATES" to get x'fered to Vermont, since most cell phones are hitting NH towers. That is, until the dozen sites we have lined up on the corridor get built.
    (and no, still no word about getting VZW coverage in the Valley - big push is 91/US4/US 7 now, all in central and southern.

There is also a site out there which is a live traffic cam feed from the two cameras on 89 (Brookfield Heights and Williston) but I have yet to find it.

-Jay

I hadn't seen the web one, but I just pulled it up. The info was updated this morning!

Not worthwhile for a winter site, IMNATHO
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    Or just call 511. However if you're driving up 91 between BBoro and WRJ, you're gonna get NH and have to say "OTHER STATES" to get x'fered to Vermont, since most cell phones are hitting NH towers. That is, until the dozen sites we have lined up on the corridor get built.
    (and no, still no word about getting VZW coverage in the Valley - big push is 91/US4/US 7 now, all in central and southern.

There is also a site out there which is a live traffic cam feed from the two cameras on 89 (Brookfield Heights and Williston) but I have yet to find it.

-Jay
    Noaa Cams:

Brookfield Cam: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/html/cams/brookfield.html
    Williston Cam: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/html/cams/williston.html
    page for a lot of VT cams: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/html/cams/

dave