Thread: Right Now

Right Now

How about the whether now, Fri. Night

It would suck to be driving, but I think it is helpful to the snow pack that it is starting with freezing rain. I think a lot of the rain will run over the snow.

(Note: The preceeding answer contains a large amount of Guy Answer Syndrome. This is where someone (Usually a guy) comes up with information non-encumbered by the knowledge process. )
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

aye yi yi...

Actually just drove up Center Fayston, I must have timed the sand truck just right as I made it home ok. Once car off- must have been pre-sand. If there was no sand, it would have been a bad ride. Not raining hard, just lightly at this point.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Actually, the first part of my post had nothing to do with Guy Answer Syndrome. I HATE driving in freezing rain. It is only rain. Nothing dangerous... until you notice your rear wheels passing your front ones... and that you need new underwear.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    It would suck to be driving, but I think it is helpful to the snow pack that it is starting with freezing rain. I think a lot of the rain will run over the snow.
    I was just out driving on 100, 17, and German Flats. You're right... it sucked! 100 wasn't that bad, and 17 was manageable. Parts of German Flats and the ME access road are pretty slick. There's a slight glaze over all of the snow already, and I think you're right that it will help to keep the snowpack. Otherwise, there might not be any snow on the mountain on Sunday . We'll just have to watch and see.

As of right now (10:20) it's lightly raining at the base of Mt. Ellen. Completely NCP. It stopped sleeting by 5:00, but some of the rain continued to freeze. According to NWS the chance for freezing rain is slim after 1am.

There's still hope for some snowfall during the week, and the temps will drop again Sunday night for snowmaking. Next week will be another good snowmaking week. Imagine where the North Eastern ski industry would be without snowmaking.............

This is why I headed out of the valley this afternoon...beat the freezing rain, and it looks like it was the right decision. I didn't want to be heading back to the condo from "extended apres-ski" on glare ice. See you after Xmas.

(Note: The preceeding answer contains a large amount of Guy Answer Syndrome. This is where someone (Usually a guy) comes up with information non-encumbered by the knowledge process. )
    GAS

...I think it is helpful to the snow pack...
    Snow pack?

Speaking of right now, how did the conditions hold up through last night's rain?

Very little snow loss fortunately. Trying to blow snow tonight at the top of both mountains. Keep your eyes on Monday. A possibility!