Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Not sure if it's heated but it sure can be slippery with a thin coat of snow. I've seen lots of close calls, my own included. But then, I was slipping on the ice in front of the old Gate House. I think I need studded boots.

Oh, golly, golly....

Quote Originally Posted by skigal
    I think I need studded boots.
    ....I could run with this quote...just ruuuuunnnnn with it.....but I hereby desist.

P.S. I'm going to show my wife my reply.....it will be her proudest moment thinking I've finally turned the corner toward becoming a 17 year old stuck in a 44 year old body.....instead of a 12 year old.

Vermont liquor laws require a secured envirnoment for serving liquor. That is why one can not take drinks outside of the Pub area. We can extend to the broader Gate House for special funtions like New Year's eve but it requires a special permit. Vt. is a tough State and the inspector pulls surpise visits all the time. Both the floor is Gate House cafeteria and Timbers will need to be replaced, so we have short term fixes until we close in the Spring. Floors were not what we thought we ordered. In the Old Castlerock Pub all liquor was supposed to be consumed within the contained area and not in the broader Lodge.

Can you bring a drink outside on the patio? Haven't really looked to see if anyone has.

Boy, VT and in my experience Maine too, are tough on all forms of public alcohol consumption (bar, store, etc). Its not just the laws, its the zealous enforcement too. Its too bad that you can't widen the area of consumption to the upstairs.

What about the patio around CR pub, will you be able to serve there?

One word - FLASK.

Don't leave home without it. I don't drink at the hill until I'm done for the day but BYOF is one way around all the VT law stuff. Of course I fill it with Gatorade.
    Altitude is Everything

Quote Originally Posted by sugarboarder
    One word - FLASK.

Don't leave home without it. I don't drink at the hill until I'm done for the day but BYOF is one way around all the VT law stuff. Of course I fill it with Gatorade.
    lol

Yes, The patio is approved.