Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Can I drop in with a grammar/spelling lesson? Just a quickie...

(sic) is used when quoting a misspelling from someone else's writing... if I were to quote SRO...

"When you get the choices, there are only two, disregard them and just stay on the line and you will get thru (sic) or if everyone else is talking..."

That's all.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Get back in your sandbox!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    I'm not complaining. I am glad there are "kids" out there who actually know this stuff. Oh, and sro- it's queue. You were almost there.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    I'm not complaining. I am glad there are "kids" out there who actually know this stuff. Oh, and sro- it's queue. You were almost there.
    Haha... there's not too many of us... though some of us are more secretive about our ages than others...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Haha... there's not too many of us... though some of us are more secretive about our ages than others...
    Correction of my own here: Should be "There are not too many of us..."! "There's" is a contraction of there and is, and is singular...i.e "There is not too many of us"...it's amazing how much I hear/read this mistake these days - even on national broadcasts and by otherwise educated people.
    Altitude is Everything

Moderator note:

Please keep the Grammar / spelling things in the feedback thread. They tend to be hijacks that take over threads. Not arguing the content; only the placement. Thanx for your support.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Webcams for sure, everybody else has them, and live streaming weather data as well would be nice.

Ok, I'd like to see better grammar and spelling on the SB website.
    Altitude is Everything

I'd like to see the Interactive Trail Map fixed. Some trails are perpetually closed, even when they're open... such as Lookin' Good and Straight Shot. They're always yellow. There's others at south too that are always closed as well.

-JH

yeah, a more accurate interactive trail map would be fun. i really like stowe's, it loads up quickly, its easy to use and it is seemlying current. sugarbush should reach out to whomever put that one together.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    I'd like to see the Interactive Trail Map fixed. Some trails are perpetually closed, even when they're open... such as Lookin' Good and Straight Shot. They're always yellow. There's others at south too that are always closed as well.

-JH
    I just looked at it earlier today, and I like the map itself, but there did seem to be some odd openings/and closings. Downspout and Organgrinder were marked closed, for instance.
    -Kenny

The interactive map would be greatly improved if:

1. The highlighting was for open instead of closed trails. Why emphasize the negative. I want to know where I can ski, not where I can't.

2. It was possible to highlight trails based on degree of difficulty (all green, blue, black, double black).

3. It was possible zoom in/zoom out to specific areas of interest.

4. If the annotations for each trail included a picture (or better yet a video clip). Ideally, one from the current day (though that is probably asking a bit much).

#1 and #2 would be cheap mods to the existing map. #3 and #4 would probably require significant redesign.

Of course, it's really easy to dream up way's to spend Win's money. If I were Win, I would be asking, "how many more skier days do I get for my investment?"

Perhaps we should combine several threads and ask, "where would the next $50K of investment be best spent?" Let me be more specific. You get to propose a single one time project with an estimated total cost of less than $50K that could be fully implemented in by Valentine's day. As part of your proposal, try to estimate the number of additional skier days that would be generated for: 1) the remainder of this season, and 2) next season.

Given the weather outlook for the coming week, I'm leaning toward a community snow dance.

The interactive map would be greatly improved if:

Quote Originally Posted by tymoguls
    1. The highlighting was for open instead of closed trails. Why emphasize the negative. I want to know where I can ski, not where I can't.

2. It was possible to highlight trails based on degree of difficulty (all green, blue, black, double black).

3. It was possible zoom in/zoom out to specific areas of interest.
    Nice suggestions, especially 1 & 2.

4. If the annotations for each trail included a picture (or better yet a video clip). Ideally, one from the current day (though that is probably asking a bit much).
    Of course, it's really easy to dream up way's to spend Win's money. If I were Win, I would be asking, "how many more skier days do I get for my investment?"
    MRG has pictures for most trails, and Jay has video clips for many trails. A cool feature, though not the most important of things as you I figure you are indicating with the last part of your post that I quoted.
    -Kenny

How often is the weather/higher summets forecast page updated? Checked the weather today and and Today is Monday MLK day. Just a question and an observation. Not a complaint.

"Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."