Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger
    Hi Win,

Yes, I understand what the checks mean on the trail report. I'm looking for additional information that goes back more than one day. When I wake up Saturday morning and check the trail report, it would be great if I could see that Middle Earth, for example, was groomed Thursday night, not just what was groomed last night. This would be especially useful for trails that are infrequently groomed.

Thanks for listening.
    Middle Earth, groomed??? Blasphemy!! (I realize on rare occasion parts of it are groomed, but still!!)

-Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by kcyanks1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger
    Hi Win,

Yes, I understand what the checks mean on the trail report. I'm looking for additional information that goes back more than one day. When I wake up Saturday morning and check the trail report, it would be great if I could see that Middle Earth, for example, was groomed Thursday night, not just what was groomed last night. This would be especially useful for trails that are infrequently groomed.

Thanks for listening.
    Middle Earth, groomed??? Blasphemy!! (I realize on rare occasion parts of it are groomed, but still!!)
    Only time I've ever been up Castlerock, haha...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

ticket's page

one the ticket's page where it states the price to ski as a rediculous $66 - $70. You could reduce that to a price that is affordable for the average vermonter.

If you're talking about today, check the snow report, where it says $46.

But, if I assume correctly, you're just talking about prices being too high, Mt Ellen is $52/56, A Sugarcard can save you each day, there are lots of deals, ( My plans has always been "spend more for a pass and ski more days, for less per day.") and finally, we would all like to ski for free, but that hasn't been this world for a while.

Day ticket prices are better than anyone fairly local except MRG, where... nobody is skiing, now.

But welcome to the board.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Re: ticket's page

Quote Originally Posted by asland
    one the ticket's page where it states the price to ski as a rediculous $66 - $70. You could reduce that to a price that is affordable for the average vermonter.
    Would have to be the average person. USFS land thanks to Michael Kroposki.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    The checked trails are what is groomed the night before. Is you are looking at tomorrow's report (Monday) the trails that are checked as groomed will have bee groomed sometime between 4pm on Sunday and opening on Monday. Conditions and the amount of terrain to be groomed often determine the exaact timing of what is groomed. Generally the groomers start up high and work their way to the base.
    Even so, a number of places out west note which trails were groomed 'last night' and which were done in the morning.. probably no
    difference 90% of the time but there are days when either a big drop in temps or other climate change would make it nice to know.

As to feature to add - some have said cam at different elevations (I guess off the top of each chair) which would be great - failing that
    weather station (w/ wind) at summit and base of both lincoln and mt. ellen. Weather is probably easier to maintain/operate but most
    would probably like to see more cam shots. Some resorts which tend to be crowded focus more on the lifts than the runs, clearly in our case one at the base and more higher up would be optimal. Examples of other resorts:

http://www.alta.com/pages/mtncam.php
    http://www.parkcitymountain.com/wint...ams/index.html
    http://www.coppercolorado.com/mountain/cams/index.htm
    http://www.squaw.com/winter/squawubercam.html
    http://www.jacksonhole.com/mtn.cams.index.asp
    http://www.skilouise.com/conditions/mountain-cam.aspx
    http://www.kickinghorseresort.com/mountain/webcams/

Remember when we used to just go to the mountain, see what was open and then just go out and enjoy it? Probably got more work done when we weren't at the hill because we weren't getting "screen suck" from the computer.

This one should be really easy ... a notes section for each trail on the trail report to explain anything that might be different that day. For example, mainstream and straighshot have been signed on mountain as advanced+ for the past few days. I knew that in advance from this BB, but it would be a real shocker for a parent expecting access to some easy trails for their youngsters to arrive at the mountain and find it advanced+ only.

It would also allow notification of events such as race camps, terrain features, etc that may effect the use of a given trail.

How about some phone #'s. For example: I had to go thru the main 53-sugar to be connected.

*edit* Oops I failed to mention that I was calling Timbers to check availability
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier
    How about some phone #'s. For example: I had to go thru the main 53-sugar to be connected.
    If you called a department directly you have to pay for that call vs the free call using the 53-Sugar. Also, by the calling the main number you will be able to speak to someone for sure, granted you might have to wait a couple of minutes, while calling a department directly you would have to leave a voice mail if they are busy with a guest or maybe a line of guests. The staff members who answer the 800 number, that is their primary job, while calling a department it is not.

It's not a perfect system but works better than most resorts I have called
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

I just checked the website for a phone # for Timbers. I clicked Timbers and got no info....so I called the only # I could remember....
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

The 800-53-SUGAR number should be answered by a real person 24/7. Once the reservation/guest info office closes for the day the line goes to the front desk of the Sugarbush Inn which is open 24/7. This will change soon to the front desk of Claybrook which is/will be open 24/7. Again, it's not a perfect system, for example if there is a line of guests checking in the staff might not answer and let it go to voice mail. One of the first duties of the reservation/guest info office when it opens up at 8AM is to check the voicemail and reply ASAP.

Maybe this is just too easy too understand. If you want the # to Timbers, call the 53-Sugar number and they can either transfer you or give you the number so you can call on your own coin. I don't know why it's not listed on the website. Every radio, tv or print ad the Bush runs whether it be for an event, whatever, it always ends with call 1-800-53-SUGAR for more info. The local number is 583-6160.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

I find that 9 times out of 10, the option I want is not in the voice prompts, then I get the operator, who either switches me to a wrong department, or I get the right department or person but get voice mail - even after the operator assures me they are available...very frustrating and as a result I don\'t even try any more.
    Altitude is Everything

I know what you mean, when I call a bank or a credit card company I have expereinced the same frustration. The Bush doesn't have a central operator anymore but the current system should work. When you get the choices, there are only two, disregard them and just stay on the line and you will get thru or if everyone is talking to other guests then you will unfortunatly go in the que(sic) and have to wait.

You can always ask the agent to put you on hold, they will call the department you want to talk to, if someone picks up, they will transfer you thru, but if they get voice mail, they will come back to you and give you the choice to be transfered and leave a voice mail or try again later.
    Sugarbusher since 1970