Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So, what does everyone think of the new base area?

For those that skied Lincoln Peak today, what are your initial impressions of the new lodge and the new base area experience? And the skiing too?

I was just getting set for this thread. Nice that you started it for me.

I think the new lodge is great. Still some things to be finished, but everything is up and running. Here are a few pix:

First, the outside:

From the front:

Front of Claybrook (for the heck of it. )

From the back:

Probably need more ski racks.

And then, we go inside:

The cafeteria

The food court

Looking upstairs

Heading to the front desk, and the bag storage

And Sandy catches the toast of the first round at the new Castlerock Pub!

And of course, there were more that didn't even make it to the gallery, where there are a few more shots.
    Lincol Peak Base Area Gallery Just the last two pix on this page, and then the next page and the start of the next.

I'm interested (of course) in hearing from others, as to their opinions.

As for the skiing, it will get better.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I was wondering when you lucky ones were going to share some pix for those stuck on flatland. Thanks.

What, no pictures from the bathrooms?

Nice work as always. My comment/question from 300 miles away is what is the flooring material they used on the first floor? It looks like some sort of unfinished decking.

Otherwise, I think it looks good. I particularly like the exterior look in general and all the light those big new windows are allowing into the building.

Looks great, has a new car smell, and nice light open feeling.

Without the Valley House I'm not sure it's big enough.

Add Timbers maybe??

Add rest of Village: good to go

All in all my first New Gate House experience was good.

Here's to the crew that did it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lostone, where's the shot of me? I saw you snapping away in there, you definitely took one with me right in the center when I was in line paying for lunch... black vest with a black shirt on underneath... wait, was I cropped out of this one? It was either that shot or one pointed slightly more to the left towards the soups... didn't say hi because I wasn't 100% sure it was you, you didn't have your Sugarbush jacket and nametag on, haha...

My sister is way in the background of one of the shots of the seating areas though...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

As with most of my shooting, I take far more pix than I will ever post.

I have taken literally thousands of pix. (And I mean literally. These pix are 15 hundreds and the minolta is saying over 3000, but it already went over 10K. ) There is no site that could host them all, and I would never have the time. You were... on the cutting room floor.

Actually, that means that shot would simply go onto a CD.

In this case, I think I have resurrected you. If so, you are looking straight at me?

And I wasn't in Sugarbush gear because I was there on my own, today. As an ambassador, you only work so many days. (But most of us ski... a little more than that. )
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Hey, there I am!

I'm famous...

Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Hey, there I am!

I'm famous...

Stick with me kid, I'll show you how it's done.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

The new Gate House looks awesome...thanks for the pics!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Never made the treck over. Thanks for the pic's. The lodge looks great!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

You got a picture of everybody but me

Guest Services desk is great, inspired by the glen ellen base lodge? Now you walk in and there is acutaly a staff presence.....

The locker room is cool, could be a bit bigger though, needs more benches to.

Seasons Pass desk is accessible now

Castlerock Pub is nice, unfortunately I am not 21

Adventure gear is cool, decent prices, good selection of essentials, not much more to say

Bathrooms looked nice, but smelled bad Saturday, Today they were fine, I wonder if they got the fans wired up last night or something, but afterall they are bathrooms

There are now 2 water fountains instead of the 1 that was there previously

Upstairs, at least 4 times the seating capicity of the old gatehouse, nice wide open, lots of windows, high ceilings, even a claustrophobic would be at home on a crowded day.

The Food is really great, finaly worth what you pay for it, and for all you gourmets out there, it is actually real food !

Sodas are still 3 bucks with no refills

I think they could use a few more ski racks outside, I think that is a prety easy fix What I would like to see though is a ski check, perhaps run by ambassadors, build a coral arround the racks, trade your skis or board for a tag, turn the tag back in, get your gear, simple, cheap, and it wouldn't cost the resort anything, and would prevent stolen gear! A resort in PA I frequent does this.....

Anyway, beautiful rustic interior, really classy but not pompous, architecturally it is great, I can pick on a few details here and there that appear to me to me that somebody decided it would be easier or cheaper to do it that way, but it is really great, high level of finish, looks nice.

Great job to all the grunts who have been pounding nails round the clock to make this happen, I have a building background, and I remember looking at the slab back in August thinking they would get it framed, and have the exterior finished in by opening day, but I am just amazed they pulled it off and finished it, of course down to the minute, but they made it happen.

My Summery, FREAKING AWSOME

Generally speaking, I loved it. Except for one glaring flaw:
    The Castlerock Pub is way, way, too small. Apres on a busy Saturday will be jammed to the rafters.
    Sorry, but it had to be said. Also, there seems to be no fireplace at all. If there is, we missed it. Oh, and the paved parking lot? Really nice, but are there plans for ice control? The lot seems to hold a bit of water on the surface.
    Anyway, the whole project is beautiful, and we should all collectively pray for a huge snow dump so this place can crank up to speed. I want to see it under a thick blanket of snow.

Not complaining...just constructive observations.

Doing the snow dance,
    J

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Hey, there I am!

I'm famous...

Stick with me kid, I'll show you how it's done.

Noski, who?

Nice shots Lostone, you even snuck me into the background once or twice. Good one of Blazer coach extrordinaire Damond Washington.
    Oh, by the way, it's snowing.
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Kudos and congratulations to everyone at SB for getting the new facilities up and running on time. I'm sure it was no small feat. I didn't think there was any chance the way it looked in August. I can't wait to see it myself.