Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for keeping us fanatics posted. You and the staff must be having a hectic time to say the least. Although not on the same scale, I was finishing a project on my house this summer waiting for paint to dry and floors to be installed in time for my kids birthday parties. Interestingly, the exterior style is similar to Gate House/ Timbers. Hope mother nature lends a helping hand with a surprise dumping. You certainly deserve it.

BTW- any thoughts about putting some video onto YouTube to promote the new SB?

Looking fwd to seeing the inside of new Gate House Lodge!
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Alright, Win emerges from the mountains to post a solid outline of what we can expect for the weekend. Thanks Win.

I was beginning to think that maybe we had scared you away.

Castlerock pub

Thanks Win for the up-date. I know a lot of us where hoping to raise a glass in the new Castlerock Pub. If the finish on the bar is not set yet, and I am a believer that when it come to finishes you want them to be really set or they will be ugly for years. Will you offer a alternative and maybe a museum type fenced off quick view of the pub. You know like the 4 foot square roped off area at the door way when you can look into a museum antique room.

From what I've seen Gatehouse and Castlerock pub are a big WOW!

My mother nature bring that Northern storm South!!!!!!

Continuing my snow dance!

Quote Originally Posted by win
    FIS should be the only Double Black in the East (?).
    I wish. Unfortunately, Killington has at least Downdraft and Cascade. Oh well.... it will still be one of the few double blacks.

Got a curve ball this morning. Sprang a leak in the snowmaking pipe at the very top of Rim Rim and Panorama, so we had to shutdown snowmaking on FIS. Can't get an excavator up there until Saturday morning. They all seem to be working at Stowe where they have had a bunch of pipe breaks. It is marginal for FIS but with some real snow still could open on Saturday, so we have shifted to try to get Exterminator just in case.

Just started snowing and we could get 2-4" tonight and the temperatures are coming down into single digits at the top then warming up again Saturday and Sunday. With this window we will be focused on the bottom of Lincoln Peak tonight.

Too bad about the pipes. But I guess it doesn't hurt to get some snow on exterminator.

The NWS forecast is showing about 5-8" at 3000' tonight and tomorrow, so there's hope for some reasonable accumulation.

When I left the mountain today at about 4:00 it was snowing about 1.5"/hour. I'm not sure how long it will last, but it had already accumulated 3-4" on top. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    Too bad about the pipes. But I guess it doesn't hurt to get some snow on exterminator.

The NWS forecast is showing about 5-8" at 3000' tonight and tomorrow, so there's hope for some reasonable accumulation.

When I left the mountain today at about 4:00 it was snowing about 1.5"/hour. I'm not sure how long it will last, but it had already accumulated 3-4" on top. Good stuff!
    Radar indicates another hour or so of the intense stuff and then some lighter stuff for perhaps another hour or so. But then the upslope takes over tonight and tomorrow.

If there is truly 3-4" up top as of 4:00, then my guess is we'll see a total of at least 6-8" by noon tomorrow. Possibly more by Saturday morning.

I liiike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Radar indicates another hour or so of the intense stuff and then some lighter stuff for perhaps another hour or so. But then the upslope takes over tonight and tomorrow.

If there is truly 3-4" up top as of 4:00, then my guess is we'll see a total of at least 6-8" by noon tomorrow. Possibly more by Saturday morning.

I liiike.

It's niiiiiice

Quote Originally Posted by win
    This will be quick because I am dashing to a dinner. At Mount Ellen the base temps warmed up so we have decided to concentrate on the top and get All of Rim Run, Upper and Lower Elbow, Looking Good and FIS in good shape for the weekend. FIS should be the only Double Black in the East (?). We will start down Cruiser, but I do not think we will make it unless we get a lot of natural snow or colder temperatures down low tomorrow.

Lincoln Peak will be Top to Bottom. Organgrinder will be in very good shape as will Downspout. Question about Jester. Others doubtful for Saturday. We do have the potential for 2-4" of snow each day and that would help a lot.

Gate House will be open on Saturday, but consider it a Soft Opening. We will still be doing punch list stuff for at least a week. The second floor cafeteria will be open first thing in the AM for breakfast and lunch. We will not have the final menu for a week, but there will be hot and cold food and a good selection. Be nice, though, and do not think it is the final product this first week. The Castlerock Pub may or may not be ready. It all depends on how fast the varnish on the bar top dries and if it needs a second coat. Will know later tomorrow. Even though this week is a soft opening, I think you will all get a very good feel for what the final product is going to look like next weekend. (I am impressed that the crew got this done in 7 months). Timbers is in very good shape for its scheduled opening next weekend as well.

Demo day is this Sunday at ME.

Will update more tomorrow.
    Would love to have t2b for that. Any chance? Downloading will use a bit of time but , that's life.

I think its safe to say, at least 6" from the glen house up! Afterall, at 3:10 or so when I downloaded, there was 3 mabey 4 inches up there allready, and it was dumping harder than the guns could ever dump, and the only way it could be harder, would be those packing foam pellet snowflakes.