Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy
    If the temps are good and nothing breaks I think T2B will happen sat.
    The next couple of days will be a little warmer in the daytime, and the volume of snowmaking will not be quite as good as it has been. The nights are still great, but since the lines on cruiser haven't been charged, I'm not sure that three days will do it, considering that the guns will likely have to stay on Rim and Looking Good. I'm just not convinced of T2B for Sat. It's not out of the question, but I don't think it's very likely.

Well, a bit of Nautral Snow would shure help?

I don't know if they are planing on hitting the rest of Lower Rimrun, when they are done with Lookin Good, Suposedly they had originally wanted to open it today so they could close off Elbow for those _______ (Mad Lib, Fill in your own negitive word) Racers.

I Hope to see guns online down on Cruiser tomorow, This is getting silly, Honestly Kick the Racrers off of Elbow, Let them set up their Precious Gates on Downspout or something, there isn't enough terrain to justify sharing the mountain with them, Decide to have Rim Run, Looking Good, and FIS, for the Weekend, or Forget about FIS and Looking Good, Lower Rimrun, and start blasting away on Lower Elbow to Cruiser and Strait Shot.

It seems to me that PAYING guests should get priority on the terrain, and when there are 2 or 3 trails open, the PAYING GUESTS should get to ski those 2 or 3 trails. I think they should keep Elbow open to the public, at Least untill there are a few more trails, such as FIS, Lower Rimrun, or Cruiser to the bottom. I know I have a pass, but even with the bad weather tickets, People are still PAYING to be out their skiing.

If they had more snowmaking capacity, this wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_451
    Well, a bit of Nautral Snow would shure help?

I don't know if they are planing on hitting the rest of Lower Rimrun, when they are done with Lookin Good, Suposedly they had originally wanted to open it today so they could close off Elbow for those _______ (Mad Lib, Fill in your own negitive word) Racers.

I Hope to see guns online down on Cruiser tomorow, This is getting silly, Honestly Kick the Racrers off of Elbow, Let them set up their Precious Gates on Downspout or something, there isn't enough terrain to justify sharing the mountain with them, Decide to have Rim Run, Looking Good, and FIS, for the Weekend, or Forget about FIS and Looking Good, Lower Rimrun, and start blasting away on Lower Elbow to Cruiser and Strait Shot.

It seems to me that PAYING guests should get priority on the terrain, and when there are 2 or 3 trails open, the PAYING GUESTS should get to ski those 2 or 3 trails. I think they should keep Elbow open to the public, at Least untill there are a few more trails, such as FIS, Lower Rimrun, or Cruiser to the bottom. I know I have a pass, but even with the bad weather tickets, People are still PAYING to be out their skiing.

If they had more snowmaking capacity, this wouldn't be an issue.
    Wow. That's quite a rant. Weren't the PAYING GUESTS able to access all the open terrain today? It wasn't clear from your post.

Yeah Elbow was open today, as it accessed from Rimrun, and leading out onto Lower Rimrun was the only available terrain. They are supposedly planing on closing Elbow as soon as they get looking good open, so basicly half the terain will be closed to the public, Last year when they did this, FIS was open, Lower Rimrun was open, and things were top to bottom, and Elbow could be lived without, but now as they are expanding the terrain, they are closing it at the same time.

My whole point, there just isn't enough terrain to justify closing off a major trail for race training, and offering paying gusts the second narrower way down (not that looking good is a bad trail, it is a great trail, but kind of narrow)

Basicly, They get more acreage, more Snow, then we do with Looking Good.

And Sorry if I have offended any of you racers out there.

For the record, these racers are paying customers. I believe the name is American Ski Racing Association. They pay for a week at Sugarbush. Generally, they get their own trail. This year, because of the conditions, that is not happening, so far.

Note the preceeding was mostly info not obtained thru back channels or rumors, but gathered... in this forum.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

ASRA comes every year and they sometimes come back later in the season as well. Definately paying customers but being a group get a discounted deal. Weekday groups are like gold to a ski resort or any other weekday customer, for that matter. Due to the unusually low trail count I can see where it would cause a problem but I think the Bush got caught between a rock and a hard place. Groups and other wholesale business represent an important income source for the Bush and every other ski resort.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Question

Are customers informed @ the window b4 purchasing a ticket that there are trail restrictions/closures?
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

The ASRA camp consists of 40 PAYING guests. Really a non-factor out there yesterday.
    Maybe it was the guns and cloud/fog, but I barely saw the campers out there. Or anyone else for that matter.
    As far as trail restrictions? C'mon.
    Like I said, I barely noticed.
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

I didn't think it was that big of a deal either. I was just curious. Not sure if my attitude would be the same if I didn't have a pass.
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

My latest prediction:

Mt. Ellen:

Panorama
    Upper Rim Run
    Lower Rim Run
    FIS
    Elbow
    Lower Elbow
    Lookin Good

I'm not even going to venture a Lincoln Peak guess. Haven't followed the snowmaking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster
    My latest prediction:

Mt. Ellen:

Panorama
    Upper Rim Run
    Lower Rim Run
    FIS
    Elbow
    Lower Elbow
    Lookin Good

I'm not even going to venture a Lincoln Peak guess. Haven't followed the snowmaking at all.
    What kind of effort/time/expense is involved w/r/t getting the lines on Cruiser charged up and ready to go? That's a shame that it doesn't appear likely they'll be T2B for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    What kind of effort/time/expense is involved w/r/t getting the lines on Cruiser charged up and ready to go? That's a shame that it doesn't appear likely they'll be T2B for the weekend.
    I don't know that effort/time/expense is really the issue. I think the goal is to make a good quality base for upper mountain skiing before moving down to lower mountain. I have no problem with this. I'd much rather a solid base on the upper terrain than have it be sketchy the whole way T2B. They'll get it all open soon enough. I'm not much of a Cruiser fan anyway, and I really don't mind downloading (I know, I know... I'm pretty weird ). I'm waiting for Hammerhead---natural snow, steeps, and big bumps!

But, for those of you chompin' at the bit for T2B, tomorrow night's temps are going to be great, and they should be blasting Cruiser (I hope). Maybe Sunday. If not Sunday, then early week next week.

This will be quick because I am dashing to a dinner. At Mount Ellen the base temps warmed up so we have decided to concentrate on the top and get All of Rim Run, Upper and Lower Elbow, Looking Good and FIS in good shape for the weekend. FIS should be the only Double Black in the East (?). We will start down Cruiser, but I do not think we will make it unless we get a lot of natural snow or colder temperatures down low tomorrow.

Lincoln Peak will be Top to Bottom. Organgrinder will be in very good shape as will Downspout. Question about Jester. Others doubtful for Saturday. We do have the potential for 2-4" of snow each day and that would help a lot.

Gate House will be open on Saturday, but consider it a Soft Opening. We will still be doing punch list stuff for at least a week. The second floor cafeteria will be open first thing in the AM for breakfast and lunch. We will not have the final menu for a week, but there will be hot and cold food and a good selection. Be nice, though, and do not think it is the final product this first week. The Castlerock Pub may or may not be ready. It all depends on how fast the varnish on the bar top dries and if it needs a second coat. Will know later tomorrow. Even though this week is a soft opening, I think you will all get a very good feel for what the final product is going to look like next weekend. (I am impressed that the crew got this done in 7 months). Timbers is in very good shape for its scheduled opening next weekend as well.

Demo day is this Sunday at ME.

Will update more tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, Win. Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by win
    At Mount Ellen the base temps warmed up so we have decided to concentrate on the top and get All of Rim Run, Upper and Lower Elbow, Looking Good and FIS in good shape for the weekend. FIS should be the only Double Black in the East (?). We will start down Cruiser, but I do not think we will make it unless we get a lot of natural snow or colder temperatures down low tomorrow.

I told ya so, right from the start!

Of course, I wouldn't complain if it decided to drop below 15 and dump a couple feet.

Well according to the point forcast for the glen houes elevation tomorrow night, there will be a low of 1 degree......
    Now how about the temp on the summit? How about that temperature with the wind-chill, I don't want to know.

Sadly, the temps will be marginal even at the mid mountain level, slightly beter at the top, as it will warm up tomorow, but at least not snow killing warm, and well it is cold enough tonight that plenty should be accumulating from the guns, but, thankfully friday and Saturday will be cold, and well to put it this way, things will soften up Sunday, but hey, it will get cold again