Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Anybody know anything of how much if any of the snowpack has survived, I noticed today that the lift ramp for the GMX was long gone as well as any trace of snow there, I am wondering if they will esesntialy be starting from scratch, on Elbow, Organgrinder, and Downspout.

9:55 PM Friday
    1500' German Flats Road

Winds, Rain, Wind Driven Mist, Sleet, Fog, the typical BS we have had all day.
    Tems up a bit, into the high 30's low 40's, I guess its got to get warmer before it gets coolder.

Lightning and Thunder are Gone

I will probably do an update arround midnight, and before I go to sleep.

IF it Sneauxes (killington speak) any I will get out the yardstick and mesure, I guess there is suposedly a chance of snow tonight, but I don't want to accept the accumulation figures I have head.

Bummer. Thanks for the update.

10:16PM 12/1
    Base of ME

41 Degrees; little to no precipitation; no snow currently visible. Clouds have lifted to above 2500' and mid mountain is now visible. Winds feel to be about 15-25mph.

There's still a couple inches in the NWS forecast for tonight. THINK SNOW!

Just poped my bathroom window open, felt a really freaking cold gust of wind, guess winter is rolling in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Will have temps etc... at 12:00

Standing by...in CT

I just went outside and shouted to Ma Nature to remember that as it is now December, she'd better get her game face on for Old Man Winter and arrange a snowy dump for you highlanders to enjoy.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

Geeze, Louise.... nothing in Ctr Fayston 1800', hovering around freezing. But I will say a beautiful sunrise looking out my window.... hot pink light bouncing off low clouds. Sigh.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Flurries and the guns are going. Not a great pic, but gives you some of what's going on.

I think the technical term is... We got skunked!

No snowmaking running over here, yet. My guess is that they're trying to let some of that water drain out, as much as possible.

But the big gun has turned on. ~1/10". but it is a good tenth.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I will tell you this, where I am on German Flats Road it is BELOW FREEZING, SNOWING AND THERE IS ALLREADY A GOOD DUSTING!!!!! I think winter is BACK for a litle while

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_451
    I will tell you this, where I am on German Flats Road it is BELOW FREEZING, SNOWING AND THERE IS ALLREADY A GOOD DUSTING!!!!! I think winter is BACK for a litle while
    How is the wind ?

Just a dusting at 4083' . That's frustrating! But the guns are blowing at ME again, and the wind isn't quite as bad as was expected. It looks like some of the previous base lived through the storm, and temps are great for rebuilding. It is flurrying up here, and that is definitely an improvement over rain!

you guys are stellar. thanks for all the weather updates!

Saturday December 2 1:51 PM
    German Flats Road (1500' Elevation)

Temp Arround 29 degrees, winds calm with strong gusts at times.
    Partialy Cloudy, with the sun poking through, and patches of blue skies.

Consistent light to moderate flurries, with occasioanl light snows.

(Update 2:00) Percipitation is on and off.

Accumulation, clumping up in the woods, and as the ground hardens and drys out is starting to stick a little bit in my lawn.

Looking up on the mountain, visiblity is pretty good, signs of trace accumulations in spots, I think I can see a bit of snow on a few rocks on Paridise.

No Signs of snowmaking operations at Lincoln Peak yet, I guess they are wating for the wet bulb tems to drop on deathspout so they can run at full capicity. Good sign that they are confident in the snowmaking weather for the next week.

Edit: Word is (Read the following post ) that they have been blasting on Downpsout.

I will get out my camera and take a few pics later and try to post them.

Will be back with more updates through the day.

Thanks to everybody else who has chimed in with updates as things change.
    Interesting to see what it is actualy doing at different locations and elevations arround town.

Here are some photos taken around noon on a Diamond Dogs training hike up Castlerock.
    Temperature was in the upper to middle twenties, a few flurries and only a trace of snow so far.
    Guns were/are running on Downspout.
    Cross your fingers and continue your snow dances.