Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I can't believe it is far away. It 34 right now in downtown Waitsfield. If I see snow I will post and maybe valley-cam will pick it up....

Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Friday 2:30 PM
    German Flats Road 1500' Elevation
    34 Degrees or so (cheapo thermoneter) Wind Calm
    Occasional Spirts of Very, Very Cold Rain

The clouds just look like they want to start puking snow.
    It is pretty foggy, I can see the mountain any, The temp is warmer in the valey, so I Don't think it is inverted, so I wouldn't rule out the possiblility of some mixed percipitation further up the hill.

I will post pictures, and accumulation updates as soon as it snows

Friday, 2:48 pm
    East Warren, 1700' elevation
    38 degrees
    Light mist and fog

About to open beer, no pictures here.

Be very careful if you plan on driving up tonight.
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

you guys are great. Enjoy that beer while I stew in my office.

Howie- I think Bubba IS at the office....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Howie- I think Bubba IS at the office....

Ayuh.
    That would be the home office of the Blueberry Lake Polar Bear Club.
    I would elaborate but I have to go get another beer and send a fax.
    Work, work, work, work, work, work, work.
    Still no pictures.
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Friday 3:23 PM
    1500' German Flats RD
    Raining prety hard for the moment, the thermometer in my back yard is reading something arround 33-34 degres, I don't know how accurate that is, Though though the air is pretty cool, and you can feel dry cool winds coming in from the cold front, verses the warm humid winds we have had coming from the south in the days past.

I wonder what it is doing percipitation wise up the mountain, I am sure as heck if it were a fegree or so coller here it would be raining.....

Looking up at the rain running off my skylight it is noticibly viscous, so hopefully the temps will drop more through the day.

Moretown
    3:32 PM
    33.8° F

It's dropping...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Quote Originally Posted by www.sugarbush.com
    Summit: 32 °F
    Yes, folks, it's officially reached freezing at the summit! I'm not sure what it's doing up there right now, but if it's not snowing already, it will be soon!

It's 33 and pouring at the base, but a little birdy told me that it has turned to snow up top. This changeover is coming much sooner than earlier predicted. Could be a new world tomorrow.

Come on temps!

John

thats consistant with my thermometer
    Seriously, if it is 33 degrees at the base, and the temps are not inverted, it seems logical to me that it might be dumping something other than rain up top

5:00 update, Hail, Freezing Rain, Sleet and the Like.
    Almost Snow

That's the best news I've heard all week. Go snow.

Click on top right icon on the Sugarbush home page, and it will take you to the page that has temperatures at both mountains at base, mid and summit. They are quite accurate.

Right now it still looks like Sunday is a long shot, but we will do all we can to make it happen, but as I said earlier we will not know until early Sunday am. The winds might be the biggest variable tomorrow.

Snowmaking crews will be at it first thing tomorrow morning at both mountains.

All I can say is that we are all due for some good fortune with the weather. And I mean good as in cold and snowy. Have a good weekend.

The thunder and lightning is cool, nature's fireworks to herald in the winter season. !
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.