Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day

Opening Day

It is not looking good for this weekend. Based on our forecast this morning, it is going to be too warm even at the top to make any snow. Hopefully, a good amount of the base we have up there will hold. As soon as the temps allow, we will fire up again and make every attempt to at least have the top of Mount Ellen open by Thanksgiving. We are ready to go, and you all well know that forecasting is not an exact science. They can change radically from day to day. We just need Mother Nature to help. The forecast looks bettter as we get into the weekend, and there is a possibility of some snow showers, so let's hope and THINK SNOW!

Thanx for the update Win.

Can't say I'm happy to hear it, but can't say I'm surprised, either. It is warm and foggy up here, and supposed to rain tomorrow.

Where are those snow dances, people???
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Killington is saying the same thing

Killington's snow report is saying the same thing. I hope after this warm spell passes it get cold and stays cold till say......................June.

Doing my snow dance.

Stay tuned! Our forecast this morning indicates that we could be back into snowmaking late Friday or Saturday and that we could see some favorable temps up top for a few days at least. We'll keep you posted!

Notice how many views there have been on this (now) 4 reply post?

We're tuned!
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

heh, at least they are possibly looking at mid next week, I am heading up on monday, and well, I guess I will have all tuesday to hone my edges. Seems like a wise decision to delay things, and open by snowmaking, verses opening with a cat track wide swatch of snow from elbow down.

At least the forcast is looking positive at this point, as there is a chance of snow all weekend, and some decent temps, a far cry from this time last season, but at least beter than it could be. Lets just hope things stay positive, and as that is really all we can do. Think Snow, and before we know it, we will all be on the slopes. At least camping out in a resort parking lot is better than camping out infront of a best buy, wating for the PS3 to come out, as people have been doing for the last week.

Hapy trails, hopefully within a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_451
    Seems like a wise decision to delay things, and open by snowmaking, verses opening with a cat track wide swatch of snow from elbow down.

At 4 am it was 65 degrees and POURING.
    If there is a cat track left up there I'd be amazed. But sit tight campers, it'll come, it'll come.
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Bubba

We're depending on you as snow missle early warning system. Hope you will inform us of splashdown (oops... wrong word) ...errr, ..of early arrival of anticipated cargo from hyperspace.
    Jonesin' for snow friday afternoon.

Lostone

No offense . We're depending on you ,too!
    Rsvp (but only with good news)

The snow guns are coming on late tonight or early tomorrow! We are shooting for Thursday!

Thanks, Win. Any other major mtn. where the owner keeps the peeps up to the minute? Stowe-AIG. K-Mart -ASC, atc? I think not. Thanks again Win, keep 'em coming.

Thanks Win. I just hope your open by friday (b/c if not, my son and I are stuck at my in-laws) Think Snow! Actually pray snow.

The temps are keeping us up top right now. We may try to get a start on Lincoln Peak up high as well over the next few days, so we can be ready to get the lifts turning there on 12/9. We don't want the new Gatehouse Lodge to get lonely! Keep doing that dance Tree Skier!

Dancing

Working up a good sweat Dancing hard.

Could use a few more people on the dance floor.

Doing my Snow Dance!