Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Lincoln Peak Base Expansion

Edited by Lostone to add the bold part, whch has been transferred from another thread with the same name.

Wandering around the hill, I got a few new pix, from different angles.

You can see them here:
    http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php...view_album.php

I think this is the best of them:

Sorry for any confusion.

Tumbler's post starts here:

Where is that shot taken from? Did you climb a tree? It's a great one. It's hard to get perspective from the photo, but the base lodge doesn't look that much bigger. I think I've read that it is a significant upgrade in size from the Old Gatehouse. Maybe because it's right next to the ginormous condo building it looks smaller than it really is.

That would have to be a pretty big tree!

It is taken from the top of Stein's.

I assure you, almost everyone who's seen the lodge up close is saying it will be a lot larger.

For perspective, note the size of the cars and trucks around it.

I took some that were closer, of the lodge, but the sun was too bright for a good look. Maybe after watching some of the race, today, I'll wander over to the base and get a few more shots, up close.

And look thru the pix in the gallery. (This one is only about 5 shots, now. It won't take too long.) It shows from a couple different places.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Lol...I was there too

Too funny...I was out there yesterday taking some photos. Kinda cool cause I think our images compliment eachother as they are diferent. Obviously I didn't put into as much effort as Lostone did but he is in alot better shape than me. BTW...I am working very hard on that...lol

http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php...view_album.php

After the Bush I headed up to Stowe. I haven't been up to Stowe since they started construction so I was curious how things were going, I also went over the notch to Smuuggs...wow...That place was hopping. Lots of familes and kids doing all kinds of things. I talked to someone there and he said it's this busy all summer long. If they can do it I think other resorts could do it as well. I will posting the Stowe pics over on AZ as soon as I process them.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Re: Lol...I was there too

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    If they can do it I think other resorts could do it as well. I will posting the Stowe pics over on AZ as soon as I process them.
    Good thing AlpineZone is so close - only 1 mile away!

This will be a good thread to keep a live in order to post periodic updates and impressions of the emerging new base area. I may just need to sticky it, if I can.

Edit: I can't.

Re: Lol...I was there too

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    If they can do it I think other resorts could do it as well. I will posting the Stowe pics over on AZ as soon as I process them.
    Good thing AlpineZone is so close - only 1 mile away!
    lol....I knew if anyone would notice it, it would be Tin. Actually it was supposed to be an exclamation mark but it didn't work out so well.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

That's how I roll.

1) If I'm in such good shape... why am I sore all the time?

B) I didn't catch that Alpine Zone trick. Too funny!

III) This is my fav:

Gotta love that early morning sunshine. My pic of hte Gatehouse, which I didn't post was taken withthe sun over my left shoulder, and the glare off the wood was too bright. You weren't able to see any of the work at the bottom, which I would have wanted to show.

Dude- remember when win wouldn't tell us what the finished silo would look llike? What am I seeing with that in your picture??
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

That's interesting... I'm sure I did a response to noski's last post, just after she posted it. Wonder how it got away? Musta been another case of bad fingers.

In any case, here are some pix from this week. I did a similar hike as last week. Hitting Next moves to the other pix from this week, and Previous to last week's.

Notice the color difference in the trees at the top and bottom of Pic 922? It is coming on fast!

Interesting, from this week, I met a new friend.

Few more shots of him on my Flickr page.

Sugarbusher since 1970

Re: Lincoln Peak Base Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler
    It's hard to get perspective from the photo, but the base lodge doesn't look that much bigger. I think I've read that it is a significant upgrade in size from the Old Gatehouse. Maybe because it's right next to the ginormous condo building it looks smaller than it really is.
    There are some pics in this thread which show the old Gatehouse footprint as compared to Claybrook, as well as the new Gatehouse. As you can see the new lodge is indeed significantly bigger.

S_R_O- I am still curious about the silo.... is it done? Last week I was up and it seems the top was wood and the bottom 2/3 was "silver". I have been looking at Vermont silos for a while to see what an "authentic" silo looks like- (this one is straight, not leaning...) I am wondering if the silver is what the finish indeed will be... could you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    S_R_O- I am still curious about the silo.... is it done? Last week I was up and it seems the top was wood and the bottom 2/3 was "silver". I have been looking at Vermont silos for a while to see what an "authentic" silo looks like- (this one is straight, not leaning...) I am wondering if the silver is what the finish indeed will be... could you tell?
    I'm not SRO, nor do I play him on TV, but the latest update on the LP Village Supervisor's Journal from 9/18 indicated that the silver was the final finish. To wit:

http://www.lincolnpeakvillage.com/ar.../13042/1/1382/

hmmmm.... "lead-coated copper" means it will not stay silver, for which I am glad. It should soften and weather to a nice patina. That works.