Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Silo color....

Perhaps make that baby a Red, White, and Blue "Captain America" rocket ship, with stars and stripes exploding to the sky !

Um....hold on, let's think about that a bit. Okay, maybe that's a touch unsubtle. How about "Green Mountain Green" ?

I really like the current blue color myself. I guess thats not unique enough.

I still think a nice "Clay Brook Red" color would be cool for the lift bases of the Bravo and G/H. But the "artists conception" of a view of the base from the mountain had the current color for the bases, and it didn't look that bad.

-Jay

I don't think I saw brown in there? That would be nice.

Or maybe invisible? "Where are those chairs coming from?"
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Opps! I missed the paranthetical.. Forest green they will be! Also painting the roof CB-1 similar color so it blends in better.

Forest green!

Nice choice! I was going to guess "green" and win the free family ski passes, but Id noticed the parenthetical and held back--do I win anyway? I'm willing to accept the consolation prize, whatever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Opps! I missed the paranthetical.. Forest green they will be! Also painting the roof CB-1 similar color so it blends in better.
    great choice! I thought that would look pretty good with everything in the "village"

Dave

If anyone has any new pictures of clay brook and the new valley house, feel free to post them (Lostone?). I love the updates and when more than a week gathers between updates I get anxious.

This is from last Friday. You slightly see that the new Gatehouse Lodge is getting it's pink insulation cover put on.

www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

If it ever stops raining, I'll wander over there for a few more shots.

We've had a couple days of heavy rain and with foliage season, I'm wandering a little further afield looking for that special shot.

The major work that is visible from the outside seems to be the parking lot, which is being cleaned up, and readied.

thanks ski resort observer.

looks like 10-10-06 might be right on for peak foliage, maybe even a couple days past peak.

Great Pictures

Lostone - great job taking all these pictures! It is really nice to see a detailed documentation of the project. I can't wait 'til December!!!

From Yesterday:

Also took one of Timbers, but thought I noticed something inthe pic and want to be sure, before I post it.

Also, for those with the interest (and some time to kill?) my MSN site has an album for the Claybrook project from the beginning.

I have many more to go in there, at some time in the future... (I probably have 10 pix for every one that is shown.)

Hard to remember where we were.

Hmmm...interesting. Looks like the fireplace is going to be on the North side of the lodge. Wonder what the reason for the change is. I don't think there's much of a view from that direction whereas it's always been great to see the fireplace and then the steep of the VH area behind it looking south.

And here is the Claybrook and Timbers Pic.

I thought white, on the left of the pic might have been a tent set up for the community day, this weekend and wanted to be sure before posting the pic. It really is... the top of the Sprung tent.