Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Noski is correct. It will not happen overnight, but oxidation will do its work. We did not build the leaning tower of Pisa either, so I predict it will stand up straight well after our life expectancy. If you look carefully at the Castlerock picture posted today, you will see that the trails have been mowed. Once again we wil have mowed all the trails so that they are ready for the first snows! Want to guess what color the Bravo and Gatehouse lift terminals might be? Guess, but you may have to wait until 12/9!

Will they be the same as North Lynx?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

It takes me much longer to get the pix out than to take them, but here are some of the results of my walk-around on Sunday: Lincoln Peak Pix Page 2

I also have some from the front, this morning, but they're not out of Mr Camera, yet.

Can I assume that the big pile of dirt to the south of the lodge is for grading purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Want to guess what color the Bravo and Gatehouse lift terminals might be? Guess, but you may have to wait until 12/9!
    I'm hoping for something more muted than the bright blue as they currently are, but then again, I really don't mind!! (although I think a dark green or dark brown could go well with the buildings at the base!)

dave

Tin, It could be or it could be the new hit for Egan's noontime back flip. Wait and see!

Tin, It could be or it could be the new hit for Egan's noontime back flip. Wait and see!
    Sweet! We can roll the clock back and have ski patrol tricks off big hits at lunch - Aspen Highlands stylee. Now if I can only fit into my day glow one-piece from the 80s......

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Sweet! We can roll the clock back and have ski patrol tricks off big hits at lunch - Aspen Highlands stylee. Now if I can only fit into my day glow one-piece from the 80s......

More like Stein doing his thing back in the day.

Daevious, my humble historian, what was Steins thing called? Got any pictures?
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Want to guess what color the Bravo and Gatehouse lift terminals might be?

Red to match Claybrook?

"lead-coated copper"?
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

No correct color yet!

Yellow?
    "Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player."

Camoflage white, so unsuspecting reckless skiers will crash?

A few new pix up, from the last two days. The last three on page 2.

I rather like this one:

Camoflage white, so unsuspecting reckless skiers will crash?
    There is a singer in the Boston area who has a song that goes:
    "I love bumping into people who wear camoflage.
    And I love saying 'Exceuse me. I didn't see you' "

Judging from those pictures, there is an extensive amount of re-grading happening on the uphill side of the new lodge, extending out to the area around the base terminal of the GH quad. I would imagine that the big pile of dirt seen near the Bravo quad in previous photos is for the same purpose. Probably not surprising given the higher ceilings on both floors of the new lodge. Can't wait to se it in person come columbus Day weekend.