Thread: SPAM!

SPAM!

Have to do something about the spammers getting in here.
    Seems like they've already destroyed the MRR forum.
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

You might notice that a lot of our newer "members" have been disappearing, as have their posts, as soon as we see them.

Should someone who feels they are a legitimate member (That means you have something to say that has to do with the purpose of the message board.) who seems to have been banned... hopefully there will be an email address to reply to in your banninb message.

Note to all:

We encourage members to post and participate in relevant conversations. But as noted above, there are a lot of people registering to advertise their websites or otherwise spam the site.

We all have email addresses and get enough of that garbage. That is not the purpose of this board. If we believe you are posting non-relevant "information", we will remove the post at our discression. Repeated spamming will result in your banning.

Thanx for your support.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Spam is certainly annoying but I have just accepted the fact that they are part of the scene and simply ignore them. Thankfully I don't find them a big problem on any of the ski forums I participate in, but that's me.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Yeah, but we've been pulling out quite a few.

I'm sure they've been doing the same over in the Zone.

But you're right. It is just one of those things we have to deal with. We're trying hard not to take out legitimate members, but this is one of those annoyances we do deal with.

We get quite a few new members and I may be responsible for the drop in guests from Thailand, China and Korea.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.