Construction on Routes 17 & 100

Exactly what is it that is going happen to Routes 17 & 100 starting on July 31?

Re: Construction on Routes 17 & 100

Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    Exactly what is it that is going happen to Routes 17 & 100 starting on July 31?
    Don't know, but last year the section they did on 100 was a very nice improvement in road surface. Hopefully it's more of the same, but I don't know what section is slated for work.

Pick me! Pick me!

This is a repaving job- fairly comprehensive, grinding down to the gravel, narrowing the drive lanes a hair and widening the shoulders a hair wherever they can get away with it and paving the shoulder in order to make it a little safer for bikes. They are not going thru Waitsfield Village proper, but will go from Moretown to Waitsfield north edge and also do 17. There is some concern about the Stage Race (Labor Day w/e) but organizers have been assured the road will be safe for the race- but not yet complete. Let's hope so.....

I am fairly confident on my information, but leave a little leeway for burecracy....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Thanks, noski!

That's ok, then. The pavement has deteriorated along that section and it can sure use the repair. We've been starting a lot of northbound bike rides at the Moretown School, just to avoid the broken up section of 100.

Is there also concern about the Mad River Valley Century Ride on Aug. 26 (the weekend before Labor Day)? This ride starts (and finishes) at the corner of 17 & 100 and begins by heading north on 100 and 100B to Route 2.