Trip report(sort of)......Warren, Vt 4th of July parade

Met up with lostone at about 9AM at his penthouse condo in Sugarbush Village and proceeded to walk over to the bus stop to get into Warren. Ran into strolz, treeskier and skiladi before the parade. Lots of people, another great parade although the anti whatever cliche's were as thick as always.

Sugarbush's contribution was obvious and their float was awesome ably led by Win, Hardy and even John was there being as incognito as usual.

Here are some pic's from the parade.
    http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php...bum.php&page=1

It was fun to finally meet lostone and the others as well, after the parade we had a nice lunch at the Purple Moon, not many places were open.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Thanks for the dung picture. Did you see me picking it up with a plastic bag at some point during the parade? Sorry I missed you guys!!! I was hot wheeling it in the 4wd Ranger moving people and stuff from one end of town to the other. Then trash pick up till 5pm...
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Noski, I think I may have seen you before the parade began. If so, you were driving some sort of cart vehicle with (I think) two people and maybe water containers? It was down by the Warren store. It was one of those things where I thought I recognized you... after you'd passed.

As for my report, what a great time!

Loved Sugarbush's float and the chant that they did in front of it. (These are my skis. Without me my skis are usless. Without my skis I am usless.)

Do need to complain about the quality of the snowmaking, tho. Didn't even get a good run in.

I took over a hundred pix. Hope to get some of them up in the next few days, but some chores came up that must be accomplished today, so...
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by \\"noski\\"
    Thanks for the dung picture. Did you see me picking it up with a plastic bag at some point during the parade? Sorry I missed you guys!!! I was hot wheeling it in the 4wd Ranger moving people and stuff from one end of town to the other. Then trash pick up till 5pm...
    We knew you would be pretty busy and let me say great job to you and everyone else who made the event happen! Since I am on dial-up it took me 2 hours to upload the pics...can't wait to hook-up the DSL.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Winning Float Entries Announced

http://www.warren4thofjuly.com/blog/index.htm Parade Float winners announced here!

dvs - awesome pics, as usual! I must have been right across the street from you when when you took the pic with the pool/spa(?) company sprayed the crowd. I was in front of the Warren Store, assume you were in front of the Pitcher Inn.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    Nice pics. I do believe I spy my favorite local ski/boot tech from Mountainside in one of the shots.

I missed everything after the Sugarbush float- I had to go to the north gate and take a really-late-arriving vendor up Airport Rd, down Dump Rd to the School. I knew he would never find his way on his own. I was bummed! Thanks for the pics. s_r_o has generously offered use of his posted pics for www.warren4thofjuly.com and future publicity. If anyone else is willing to do the same, we will give proper photo credit and website link (if appropriate). Please pm me if you are willing.

Thanks for supporting the 4th!

Re: Trip report(sort of)......Warren, Vt 4th of July parade

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Met up with lostone at about 9AM at his penthouse condo in Sugarbush Village and proceeded to walk over to the bus stop to get into Warren. Ran into strolz, treeskier and skiladi before the parade. Lots of people, another great parade although the anti whatever cliche's were as thick as always.

Sugarbush's contribution was obvious and their float was awesome ably led by Win, Hardy and even John was there being as incognito as usual.

Here are some pic's from the parade.
    http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php...bum.php&page=1

It was fun to finally meet lostone and the others as well, after the parade we had a nice lunch at the Purple Moon, not many places were open.
    Was that you with Lostone? I'm sorry if I didn't introduce myself and family. I can be pretty oblivious , especially when there is a crowd. I get overwhelmed. ; {

I'm sorry if I didn't introduce myself and family. I can be pretty oblivious , especially when there is a crowd. I get overwhelmed.
    Nope, that was my fault. As soon as you walked away, I said that was skiladi, and he replied that he was sorry he didn't know, as he knew you from another forum, too.

So odd for me to make a socail error. You can tell that by just looking at me.

Well, I finally did it!

I put some of the pix up on my MSN site. Got some good crowd shots. Neat the difference in the amount of people just before the parade to during it.

You can check the pix out here:

http://groups.msn.com/JimsSceneryPix...06.msnw?Page=1

And Noski, should you wish to use any, please feel free.

Nice capture of the jet! I could be wrong but it seemed to me that everyone, no matter what their political views got a thrill from the roar and thunder produced by the two jets twice swooping in over the parade.

Skiladi - I am sure we will cross paths sometime in the future.....I was Bushwacker on the old RSN forums....had some very spirited threads on that one.

I am bummed that I forgot to get a pic of Strolz, one of my fav people I have ever worked with. Even when he was VP of Pre-Season Phone Season Pass Sales he was always pleasant to us little poeple.

Sugarbusher since 1970