Trying to "Quote"

I am noticing that the \\"quote\\" feature is not functioning properly....somehow and extra \\"/\\" gets stuck in there- causing the html coding to display. ?

edit: huh! I didn't put any slashes in my message except after the word Extra. It saw quotes and put in slashes- that is why it is not transferring properly.....
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I am noticing that the \\"quote\\" feature is not functioning properly
    Just checking.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

What I did was to copy part of your post, hit Quote, paste your post within, then close the Quote.

Seemed to work.

What are you doing?

In any case, if there is a problem, it is more Greg's world, but you can see the above did seem to work?

Seems to work.
    Seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by \"Lostone\"
    What I did was to copy part of your post, hit Quote, paste your post within, then close the Quote.

Seemed to work.

What are you doing?

In any case, if there is a problem, it is more Greg's world, but you can see the above did seem to work?

Seems to work.
    Seems to work.
    When I hit QUOTE it pastes the whole message to which I am replying into this box, and now I am replying to that which has been quoted. That is how I always do it- and eliminate parts that are not pertinent, then write my reply. I already see what is going to happen. If I put quotation marks around any \"word\" for some emphasis, I am guessing when I post it I will see odd slashes. Here goes.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I am noticing that the \\"quote\\" feature is "not" functioning properly
    Just checking.

Edit, the above is with the quote function above. Normally I don't use that, as I seldom want to quote the whole post, but now that I've tried, it seems to work, too.

Are you typing the codes, or just hitting the Quote button?

I'm not saying there isn't a problem. I've seen it in other "posts" and wondered how they did that. Just that everything I have tried seems to have worked.

For the record, I've done a bunch of other tests that I've just checked in Preview and dumped, as they looked ok.

So far, no slashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I am noticing that the \\"quote\\" feature is not functioning properly
    Just checking.
    Trying with IE, this time.

I give up!

You gotta admit, I tried. If you can see anything you are doing that I haven't tried, let me know.

This should be resolved moving forward....