Rock climbing / bouldering in the valley....

....is there any ? VT in general is a state fairly bereft of climbing opportunities, especially compared to it's neighbors to the East and West. Guidebooks have a few paragraphs here and there, with some fairly good bouldering in the pass between Smuggs and Stowe.

Does anyone know if there's anything in the valley, of any sort ?

I am aware of the SHARC's indoor climbing gym. Modest in scale, but nice.

In 9 ( )years here, that is the first time that question has been posed (to me). I will be interested to hear the answers!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I think there is.

The reason I think that, is While hiking on close to Lincoln Peak, one day I put my radio on scan and it picked up some people. It sure seemed to me that they were rock climbing. Sounded much more intense than any hiking I know of, around here.

But I didn't ask where they were.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Climbing

There seems to be some nice boulders & a few short faces in Moretown acroos from the Mobile. Check out this site for some beta http://www.cragvt.org/index.html I haven't climbed in a few years but am eager to get out again. Give me a PM if you want to check anything out. BTW for sure there is rock & ice climbing in Bolton Valley.

Hope that helps

Moretown Faces

Definitely some dangerous territory out there though... you'd be climbing with a pretty nice drop to the river gorge below you...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Thanks....

....I'll check out cragvt.

Just got curious....and need to research further. Even just a couple of good, easy boulders can be fun. Maybe I'll roll one in, say about the size of a Volkswagon, near Warren Falls....

Yes, there is rock climbing in Vt. Here is some info http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/l...ntryStateID=60

As far as bouldering, just carry your rosin bag and if your hiking along and come across a boulder that looks like fun, go for it. In Rockies, so many boulders have rosin stains at pretty much every handhold possible, finding one which is clean gets the serious climbers very excited.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Moretown climbing

I scoped out the cliffs @ Motown, obviously some climbers cut a trail to them. They are about 50ft and pretty much vertical. You get to them by crossing the bridge (across from the gas station) take the fire road on the left past gramdma's. Go about 1/4 mile and there is a cut on the right side across from a small well. Some of the rock is pretty flaky, some looks solid. I have yet to throw a top rope on it.
    Good luck