Favorite Swimming Holes.....

Anybody care to weigh in on their favorites in the valley ?

This is my fav swimming hole in the valley, Madbush Falls. It's about 100 ft from my place.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

I've only been to the usual suspects: Lareau, Warren Falls, etc., which we really like. But I'd like to learn about other good places. My children and I really like Warren Falls (but my wife is not so keen on it).
    Jeff

Any reasons for....

Quote Originally Posted by madskier6
    I've only been to the usual suspects: Lareau, Warren Falls, etc., which we really like. But I'd like to learn about other good places. My children and I really like Warren Falls (but my wife is not so keen on it).
    ....the wife's non-keeness regarding Warren Falls ?

Madbush Falls....

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    This is my fav swimming hole in the valley, Madbush Falls. It's about 100 ft from my place.
    ....is publicly accessible ? Your idea of us swimming away all day while you cook and bring us chow from your grill (gratis) is a great one !

Re: Madbush Falls....

Quote Originally Posted by smootharc
    ....is publicly accessible ? Your idea of us swimming away all day while you cook and bring us chow from your grill (gratis) is a great one !
    yea.... how about 4th of July after the parade and street dance, say 3pm or so?
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

yea.... how about 4th of July after the parade and street dance, say 3pm or so? :Wink:
    Sounds like a party in the making.

One year, I called all my friends and asked them if they were going to the party over at our frind, Randy's house. After convincing msot of them, I called up Randy and invited myself to the party he was having. He was confused at first, but... a good time was had by all.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Re: Any reasons for....

Any reasons for.....the wife's non-keeness regarding Warren Falls ?
    Yes, she thinks it's too dangerous for the children with all the large rocks and high dropoffs. She's a little bit of a worrier about those kinds of things. Of course that's the reason the kids and I like it (the high dropoffs and the danger).
    Jeff

Re: Any reasons for....

Quote Originally Posted by madskier6
    Any reasons for.....the wife's non-keeness regarding Warren Falls ?
    Yes, she thinks it's too dangerous for the children with all the large rocks and high dropoffs. She's a little bit of a worrier about those kinds of things. Of course that's the reason the kids and I like it (the high dropoffs and the danger).
    Whew...I thought it might be me threatening to show up in my 1974 "Captain America" Speedo. Freaks my wife out everytime.....

Re: Madbush Falls....

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    yea.... how about 4th of July after the parade and street dance, say 3pm or so?
    Very, very generous. Maybe we should all sleep over, too, come to think of it. I'll bring a bag of chips (salsa's too expensive).

We spent a lot of family time....

....at Riverside Park (entry just south of Golden Lion) which has a nice, gentle way about it.

My kids loved it, and there's a great big open grassy field. Was low-key and fun.

As an aside, golly the Mad River has one of the greatest varieties of great river rocks and skipping stones I've ever seen.