Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

discount tickets for sale

lift tickets

Illegal for resale

Resale of tickets is theft of service.

What do you expect him do do eat the tickets because he got hurt and can't ski? Come on, please. By the way, how is it illegal to sell tickets at face value? Just because you work at Sugarbush and have had a horrible season do you really expect this person to simply not use these tix and have others pay the rediculous $63 price?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler
    What do you expect him do do eat the tickets because he got hurt and can't ski? Come on, please. By the way, how is it illegal to sell tickets at face value? Just because you work at Sugarbush and have had a horrible season do you really expect this person to simply not use these tix and have others pay the rediculous $63 price?
    It's not face value - topic title says "discount." Mmhmm that's illegal.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Mtnlady: Aka SB cybercop.

If you buy one of those tickets and "poach" Slidebrook, you could get in biiiigggggggg trouble.

As long as he's not selling fake tickets or tickets for more than $63 what is the problem. He bought the tickets, than he got hurt. If he wants to now sell them more power to him!

While your argument makes logical sense Tyler, it's sorta against the law. While law and logic don't always agree, one overrides the other, and I'm sure you know which one it is...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

I just found some on eBay item # 6610047288

What law says you can't resell tickets?

Re: Illegal for resale

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnlady
    Resale of tickets is theft of service.
    Bit extreme IMHO.

If I were SB, I'd rather have those tickets used than to have upset customers and bad PR. I understand the point, but making a scene and maybe making the poster and others upset is much more of a loss IMHO.

So now that we have this public debacle, I guess the only question that remains is, "was it worth it?" I say no.

No upset here mon. The way I look at it, they could always sell me a white envelope for $35 and include a free lift ticket.

The Steak Place had an ad in the VP a few years ago that said, you get a free Long Trail when you buy a steak for $17.95. No no no, you can't give beer away. The next ad said, buy a Long Trail for $17.95 and get a free steak.

Too quick to respond

A hard lesson learned more than once. The letter of the law stands but the posting was not wise.
    Sorry for the "debacle". I hope fd heals quickly and well, and takes me up on the offer I made
    him/her in private.

All the best for the remainder of the season - for everyone here.

Hey fd, sorry to hear about the knee. If you paid $35 for lift tiks then they are probably not "peak season retail tickets". Not worth the risk for you and anyone who bought them from you. Suggest you call the ticket office, they do have the power to give you vouchers for next year. Good luck.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Just a clarification...it's not the reuse of the tickets that's the problem, but the resale. Is that right?

Also, I'm not sure why this would be against the law. I can see for a sporting event, where there is a finite number of spaces in the stadium that you wouldn't want ticket brokers buying up the tickets and then selling them at a markup. But in this case, where someone has a ticket that they can't use, what is the harm of that? Rather, what are resorts trying to prevent with the no-resale rule?

Could you see someone selling food in a supermarket parking lot at prices below the market's?

That is the reason for the no resale law, which is entitled theft of services. There are a million discounts, but I believe all of them state you can't resell. You are then in competition with the ski area.

As this is really the internet, where the sale is conducted may or may not be within the jurisdiction of the theft of services laws.

I have grabbed many a discount. Some were legal... some not. But it is kind of odd to see so many here saying it is perfectly alright. Also odd that many have looked toward mtnlady for official ifo from the mountain, but object to her protesting the public resale of tickets, undercutting the resort.