Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What are the current conditions like?

I saw 4 inches listed in the Sugarbush email and Plowboy mentioned something about 3 inches...BUT I talked to a non skier and they said they did not see much snow ...Anyone ski today? What are your thoughts on this weekends conditions?

Re: What are the current conditions like?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec13
    I saw 4 inches listed in the Sugarbush email and Plowboy mentioned something about 3 inches...BUT I talked to a non skier and they said they did not see much snow ...Anyone ski today? What are your thoughts on this weekends conditions?
    Lucky for you there isn't alpine skiing on the valley floor. Duh. Darned non-skiers! No, there is no snow on the valley floor, but the skiing at Sugarbush is said to be very good actually. I had innkeepers come in yesterday for a lift ticket and came back today for another one because the skiing was really nice.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Skiing was pretty good today. Not really spring skiing, but the snow was starting to warm up a little.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

The sking should be great this weekend. I have been cutting trees all week up on Bragg Hill(would much rather be sking!!). They have been blowing snow like crazy at ME. I have never seen them blow this much snow in late Feb. Between the man-made and expected snow showers It should be epic, considering the far from epic season we have had so far.

I plow upper and lower elevations.

My average plows for 18 yrs upper 31 plows/year
    lower 15 plows/year

How many times have you plowed this year?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy
    It should be epic, considering the far from epic season we have had so far.
    Epic is a strong word - I wouldn't go that far. IMO there isn't really such thing as an epic day on groomers and snowmaking trails - which is mostly what will be open and in good shape. I would say this weekend will be better than most others this season.

I am still going with epic(considering). I just got 3" in the past hour in my yard. If you want to stay on the groomers, thats up to you.

Houses this year upper 11 plows, lower 6 plows

Commercial upper 17 plows , lower 9 plows

Make that 6" and still snowing. Time to plow, so much for sking this afternoon .

Tip: If you drive a white car today, while it is snowing, turn your lights on

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy
    I just got 3" in the past hour in my yard.
    yummy! that sounds GREAT for tomorrow!

dave

Should be a good weekend for sure. I didn't expect this snow so the MRG powder alert was a nice surprise. Nevertheless, coverage is really sketchy in the woods in the MRV so I don't know if I'd go with epic.

Just got my Sugarbush POWDER ALERT...they say that "there's talk of a foot of new snow at the top of the mountain"...

Quote Originally Posted by mikec13
    Just got my Sugarbush POWDER ALERT...they say that "there's talk of a foot of new snow at the top of the mountain"...

Well when that "talk" comes from the official snow phone, then maybe I'll believe it a little. Until then, it could mean pretty much anything they want it to. Maybe some nut job said there was a foot up there.

TTT - Any reports from the front?

7" to 8" near the base of ME. Wind puts it at 0" to 24". Nice snow showers.

I'd go with the 0-24". I was getting knee shots, but noticed that some nearby were getting traces.

but... Powder rules were in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    I was getting knee shots,
    I was getting face shots, but only when I stuck my head out the window.