Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I always felt bad for that poor dejected guy sitting in front of the season's pass office waiting for his friends. They never came all winter.
    Yeah, but this year the poor guy just sat in the maintenance lot. He only got to watch people skiing past him, but nobody stopped to say hello.

Of course, there was that rainy period where someone wrapped him in a blue tarp. I thought that was nice of them.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

WEBCAM MOVED

Well, the summer placement for the Valley Cam is done! As suggested, you are now at the Sugarbush International Airport.... www.madrivervalley.com

(edit: Thanks to www.vickeryhill.com the Diner Soar and Sugarbush Airport for their help!)
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Re: WEBCAM MOVED

Quote Originally Posted by \"noski\"
    Well, the summer placement for the Valley Cam is done! As suggested, you are now at the Sugarbush International Airport.... www.madrivervalley.com

(edit: Thanks to www.vickeryhill.com the Diner Soar and Sugarbush Airport for their help!)

Thanks Steve!

This is AWESOME!
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Re: WEBCAM MOVED

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba
    Quote Originally Posted by \"noski\"

Thanks Steve!

This is AWESOME!
    At first I was not too pleased with it. I had expected a better view of the mountains. Then I realized that to get a better view of the mountains, you would have to either ignore the gliders or catch them for a very short time.

I've yet to see either a tow plane or a glider land. I've caught them taking off 3 times, and one of the tow planes and one glider, just after they landed, but so far no shot of them on the approach or landing.

But trying to catch them... can be addicting.

What does anyone else think?

You get a nice look at the gliders when your on top of Roxbury Gap.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

I've got some great shots from the top of Lincoln peak.

I swear that if they see you up there, they'll buzz you for quite a while.

Has anyone checked in on this for a while?

I just was on the Mad River Valley site and noticed something by the webcam link saying that it had gotten bigger.

I just checked it out, and it is a lot easier to see!

Now, if we can get Bubba to stop feeding them so much they might actually start flying those things again!

Actually, the action should pick up quite a bit, in the near future, as floiage season comes in.

Check in tommorow, Lost One as there should be more activity.

Did anyone see the DC-3 land or take off a couple of weeks ago?
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Has anyone checked in on this for a while?

I just was on the Mad River Valley site and noticed something by the webcam link saying that it had gotten bigger.

I just checked it out, and it is a lot easier to see!

Now, if we can get Bubba to stop feeding them so much they might actually start flying those things again!

Actually, the action should pick up quite a bit, in the near future, as floiage season comes in.
    Lostone - if you check out the weather page on my site, you can see the webcam blown up to 800x600... with a bit of minor HTML tweaking I can stretch the image to as large as is pixel-ly possible (though of course I can't increase the sharpness, just the size)... at least to a point though, the stretch makes viewing even easier...

EDIT: Alright, so I of course had to try it... check it out: www.geocities.com/sugarbushhistory/webcam.html
    Hehehe...
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

So I read that, and said to myself, "Hey self... You think the webcam will show that it is night?" And my self said, "Probably, but only one way to be sure."

And so I looked. I saw a bunch of little dots. They are mostly green and red. I was pretty sure it was the camera being out of its light range. So I looked at the actual camera page and it was not the same. There were less dots.

But I could also make out a light on the top right, that didn't show on your page. I'll have to try to look when it is light, to see how they compare.

And Bubba, I didn't see the DC-3. Pretty good size plane for that runway, no? Why was there a DC-3, there?

I actually had someone email me to say the webcam wasn't working, it was a black screen. I suggested they look at it during the day.

The DC-3 was there to be used as a planter. I think it was the backdrop for a local stunt pilot's daughter's wedding. Bubba correct me if I am wrong. I saw it sitting there, but missed the flights in and out.

The new location for the webcam has been determined for the latter fall and winter perch.... I think you will like it.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Is it going to be back at South?

I think I'll start a rumor that is where it is going to be. Of course, should it not be there, people will start to get mad at me... so I'll say I got the info from you!

I get along so well with people!

And one of the first webcams had a line underneath it saying :"Is everything black? Gets dark in Vermont, at night.

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    I actually had someone email me to say the webcam wasn't working, it was a black screen. I suggested they look at it during the day.

The DC-3 was there to be used as a planter. I think it was the backdrop for a local stunt pilot's daughter's wedding. Bubba correct me if I am wrong. I saw it sitting there, but missed the flights in and out.

The new location for the webcam has been determined for the latter fall and winter perch.... I think you will like it.

You are correct!
    It was an incredible display of local flora(mostly grass and corn).
    Yes, it was a "backdrop". I told him if he has the money to spend on things like that, I'd be happy to let him spend some on me.
    But, then again, I didn't marry his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Pretty good size plane for that runway, no?

Yah, it looked ridiculously out of place.
    Kind of like a Tonka truck on a Hot Wheels track.
    But, it was very impressive to see them get out of here.

Yea, a flying planter would have been a sight to see.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.