Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Webcam

Agree with all you say there--one cam at LP base, another at a good spot elsewhere in MRV (maybe Main St. Warren pointed south, Pitcher Inn in the background?).

The Warren shot would definately be gorgeous but since the Pitcher and the Bush are joined at the hip perhaps a place in Waitsfield village would be more diplomatic. How about on the steeple of the church in Waitsfield village pointed southwest so perhaps Rt 100 heading into Irasville and Mt Ellen in the distance could be seen.

Perhaps some of those cheap photogs who have gotten rich photographing that church could contribute to the cam's upkeep....

For me...seeing cars, the roadside, even nearby roofs tell me how much snow has fallen resulting in a decent idea how much the mountain has received.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Perhaps some of those cheap photogs who have gotten rich photographing that church could contribute to the cam's upkeep....
    Well, lucky for you I happen to be a Trustee of the church's endowment... soon to be accepting V/MC..... lol, what a small town!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I've given this some thought. and it did hurt!

The problem with a valley cam is that there really isn't a good place to see things happening. Maybe on 100? Near the bridge?

But there would be a great place for it... 1 day a week.

That would be the Farmers' Market.

Wouldn't that be a great place for a cam? And even one that could store some shots for your site?

What does it do the rest of the week? Hey, I only do one day at a time... so to speak.
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Well, lucky for you I happen to be a Trustee of the church's endowment... soon to be accepting V/MC..... lol, what a small town!
    I think I knew that since awhile back you harrassed me about that exact subject being a Trustee of the endowment. If I remember I posted my poster pic after having removed the church out of the photo and replaced it with some very lovely trees via Photoshop and never heard another thing about it...

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=47&start=0 It's the posts at the bottom of the 1st page.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

I think I knew that since awhile back you harrassed me about that exact subject being a Trustee of the endowment. If I remember I posted my poster pic after having removed the church out of the photo and replaced it with some very lovely trees via Photoshop and never heard another thing about it...

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=47&start=0 It's the posts at the bottom of the 1st page.
    Oh yeah..... that was funny. We are actually soon to be using a similar approach with the infamous aerial picture of historic waitsfield since we really are going to launch a campaign to raise 6 digits (to the left of the decimal, of course) worth of endowment money. And I thought it was my idea- must be a subliminal message from that thread! Now, back to the webcam topic...!

web cam

AIRPORT! AIRPORT! AIRPORT!

Great views.
    Watch the gliders land and take off.
    Watch the vintage planes.
    Watch the aerobatics.
    See what the weather is doing.
    What more could you ask for?
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Re: web cam

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba
    AIRPORT! AIRPORT! AIRPORT!

Great views.
    Watch the gliders land and take off.
    Watch the vintage planes.
    Watch the aerobatics.
    See what the weather is doing.
    What more could you ask for?
    ooooo I like that..... Need power and DSL...and welcome to skiMRV, Bubba! If you are in the know at the airport, you know where to find me to chat further...

Very interesting.....Ole's X-C Center in the winter, the other point in the Ski the Valley pass triangle.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Yes, Welcome, Bubba.

Start your first post with a great suggestion!

Wonder if they don't have DSL, or whether the telco might be willing to lend a hand?

Public service?

Good visibility?

Am I taking over somebody's job?

And then... and then, could we put one in one of the sailplanes?
    Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Re: web cam

[

ooooo I like that..... Need power and DSL...and welcome to skiMRV, Bubba! If you are in the know at the airport, you know where to find me to chat further...

DSL: yes; power: good old fasioned Vermont wiring

camera in a sailplane: yah, maybe. is that possible with the equipment?

Susan,
    I plan to stop in on Tuesday.
    Dave.
    "It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Well, well, the webcam at OLE's Cross Country Ski - Warren Airport...not a bad idea.
    If someone would direct me to the right individual to speak with about Ethernet connectivity, sharing DSL, firewall access and screwing the housing into a wall of the 'terminal' up there, i think it would be a perfect place through October!

Anyone know who is in charge up there?
    ^-^-^
    Steve Butcher

Steve...welcome to the forum. Awesome having someone from the company managing the Sugarbush and chamber's, as well as others, websites. The Bush site sure has come a long way since it's beginnings when it was run in-house by Fernando. I miss him...he was alot of fun.

As far as who runs the various businesses out of the main terminal(lol) at the Sugarbush airport I am sure Susan can help, if she hasn't already,
    get you that info. In addition to the airport, the x-c center, it's a great place to have lunch in the summer.

Would you be open to questions about the Bush's website?

Again, thanks for taking time to pop in. Hope you can continue to do so. Having some of the valley's "movers and shaker" like Win, Eric, John and Susan already participating here really makes this forum unique.
    Sugarbusher since 1970

Websites & webcams

Make note, MMGWorldwide is currently Sugarbush's marketing/media company for sugarbush.com and others.

We will see about Warren Aiport relocation for the MRV/VH webcam!
    ^-^-^
    Steve Butcher

I have a technical question about the MRV cam. On both my home and work computers, I am unable to see the cam view when I click on it from the MRV site. I get the following message:

"The AXIS Media Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer."

What do I need to do to enable AXIS Media Control to "be registered on my computer"? Do I need to change some setting in MS Internet Explorer or download some software program?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as I really miss seeing occasional views of the Valley.
    Jeff