Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Let's get Tin a Tin Star and make him Sherrif !

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by smootharc

Absolutely. At least a master marked topographic map......Mtn. biking, hiking, snow shoe with good parking / access spots, and perhaps some public/private land indicators. The Mad River Path assoc. is a nice place for some starter info, but there seems to be so much more...
    Guess what? There is a such a map. Come to the chamber or go to Clearwater Sports and pick one up for $5 or send me $5 and I will mail you a map. Honest. It is as good a map as we will have for awhile. Swim holes marked, all public trails, topo, call outs for Camels Hump access, etc.
    Is it this map: http://www.mapadventures.com/pr_mad_...alk_ramble.htm ?

I found that one at Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington... don't know of a better one than that.
    No, there is a MUCH better map now. It was issued Fall 2004, but MapAdventures was indeed the producer in conjunction with many local recreation-based organizations. Clearwater or Chamber, $5.
    Silly me... I didn't realize that the map in the link isn't the one I have... pretty sure I have the most updated one, has swimming holes and trails and stuff, though it's called "Mad River Valley: Long Trail Hikes."
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Re: Let's get Tin a Tin Star and make him Sherrif !

Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Silly me... I didn't realize that the map in the link isn't the one I have... pretty sure I have the most updated one, has swimming holes and trails and stuff, though it's called "Mad River Valley: Long Trail Hikes."
    That's the one!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

likes/dislikes

What about sidewalks?

Re: likes/dislikes

Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger
    What about sidewalks?
    Planning/public comment is nearly finished for Waitsfield sidewalk from School to Irasville.

I also know that Rt 100 is planned for repaving by the state this summer. Not sure from where to where, but I know it includes the Valley stretch (hope it means Duxbury too). Municipal water/sewer as well as tree planting are all in the queue- the trick being not to tear up the road more times than necessary.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Re: Route 100 repave last summer....

Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger
    What about sidewalks?
    Planning/public comment is nearly finished for Waitsfield sidewalk from School to Irasville.

I also know that Rt 100 is planned for repaving by the state this summer. Not sure from where to where, but I know it includes the Valley stretch (hope it means Duxbury too). Municipal water/sewer as well as tree planting are all in the queue- the trick being not to tear up the road more times than necessary.

....down by Hancock and lower was very well done, in my opinion.

I split the cell phone part of this thread...

to its own thread.

Experience has shown that cell phones will take up a significant amount of space, and I thought we might want to keep this thread going on its own way.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

SB/MRG pass combined?

Why not just add on a limited number of days (say 5 for example) to either an MRG or SB full season pass for a set $ amt -- ie If you pay say $1,029 for early season SB pass that you can upgrade to a "SB+" pass for an additional ($100-150)?? and Vice-Versa -- It would seem to work well both ways -- and then each mts passholders could benefit from a bit of the MRV diversity that it has to offer w/o " disadvantaging either resort.??

OR how about a similar idea to the SB "Sugarcard" where you can pay a stated amt up front (one time/lifetime) and that entitles you to some stated discount at the other resort MRG or SB for day tix? Say $100 or so for the "MRG/SB Sugarcard" linked to one or the others season pass then 50% off 1 day lift tix at the other resort?

Re: SB/MRG pass combined?

Quote Originally Posted by littlerippers
    Why not just add on a limited number of days (say 5 for example) to either an MRG or SB full season pass for a set $ amt -- ie If you pay say $1,029 for early season SB pass that you can upgrade to a "SB+" pass for an additional ($100-150)?? and Vice-Versa -- It would seem to work well both ways -- and then each mts passholders could benefit from a bit of the MRV diversity that it has to offer w/o " disadvantaging either resort.??

OR how about a similar idea to the SB "Sugarcard" where you can pay a stated amt up front (one time/lifetime) and that entitles you to some stated discount at the other resort MRG or SB for day tix? Say $100 or so for the "MRG/SB Sugarcard" linked to one or the others season pass then 50% off 1 day lift tix at the other resort?
    Good idea, and a win-win for each area, assuming passholders of either wouldn't be walk-up full ticket day pass buying folks otherwise. I will admit do doing just that myself, as I love MRG's pass/lesson programs, but love SB, too.

I agree it is a good idea. The problem with a split pass is that people would always pay for the cheaper one, no mater where they were skiing. It a limited number of times for the other, it would give people a taste of the other.

Also be good for the valley, as a whole... which is good for both mountains.

Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I- I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.