Both my boys are in season long programs (5 and 7 years old). We've had a few weekends of orientation and lessons now, and I'm pleased to report that the MRG ski school is filled with hardworking, quality people. There's a huge battalion of instructors, and they do a great job of making changes on the fly, getting kids segregated by ability, and, generally, being caring and nice and doing a great job. The atmosphere is friendly and driven by a love for the skiing and the place.

They don't waste much time getting the little ones out on that legendary terrain....and if you're a parent you should be on a different lift altogether as I was like "what ?!?" when they dispatched my 5 year old from the Callie's corner tow to the double (one-on-one) with an instructor. I gulped and went off to the single with the hope I'd see my boy alive later in the afternoon. Then I see there's my little guy at the bottom with his new best friend having had a blast taking the green dots from the top of the double....and now he's in a group of little troopers having a ball on the double and in Birdland. He didn't want to leave the hill on Sunday and I carried him across Route 17 with his skis on so he could then ski down to our car in the parking lot. That's the stuff I'll remember 40 years from now when I tell his kids about their dad.

My 7 year old is getting better, having been adjusted to different groups to find compatibility. He is older, but with less experience, and they made a niche for him. He's also having a blast.

So, all in all, they do a great job. And the MRG skiers help lesson kids ride up on the double by breaking apart from their adult partners and taking a little one in safety to the top. All in all a great family place where everyone pitches in to create tomorrow's skiers.

Thanks, MRG Ski School. We're glad to be a part of what you're doing there.